• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your own "Damn I missed it" moments.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
I quite like the idea of this thread.

I'd missed about the entire Indian chase in the Adelaide test of 2003/04. Had exams at school and when I came back the test was already won. I was lucky to have lived through the epic Dravid 233* in the first innings ball-by-ball though.

What also counts as a big miss is Gilly's 140-something in the 2007 WC final. I was like ready and all set to pull an all-nighter to catch the final live and bam! - silly power failure ffs, made me miss the entire Aus innings.

Lots of other stuff such as Amla's heroic innings @ Kolkata 2010 that eventually fell short of saving the match by just 4 overs, and from recent memory- Viru's 219, Sachin's 100th int'l 100, KP's 180-odd at Mumbai, Dhoni calling Bell back- Edgbaston 2011 etc. etc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Attended the Cardiff Test in 2011. Had a good time but the cricket was dull. My tix were days 1-4. Sat at home entertaining the kids as day five finally got underway. Bah.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
3rd Match: India v Australia at Bangalore, Oct 21, 1996 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Chasing 216 to win, as usual India were riding on Tendulkar. They lost wickets regularly but as long as Tendulkar was there, there was hope. The champ was batting like a dream, when disaster stuck in the form of Senior Waugh and departed for 88 out of India's pitiful score of 164-8. With Kumble joining Srinath in the middle and just Prasad to come in, I went to sleep. My dad and brother were still watching the match.

Next day my father woke me up excitedly with the news that we won. I didn't believe him and was stunned to see the news on TV. The Karnataka duo had battered the Aussie bowlers in an unbroken 50 run partnership and had led India to a famous win under the lights. My moment of elation was quickly wrenched down with the feeling of guilt at having missed this.

Satyanash89

Banned
3rd Match: India v Australia at Bangalore, Oct 21, 1996 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Chasing 216 to win, as usual India were riding on Tendulkar. They lost wickets regularly but as long as Tendulkar was there, there was hope. The champ was batting like a dream, when disaster stuck in the form of Senior Waugh and departed for 88 out of India's pitiful score of 164-8. With Kumble joining Srinath in the middle and just Prasad to come in, I went to sleep. My dad and brother were still watching the match.

Next day my father woke me up excitedly with the news that we won. I didn't believe him and was stunned to see the news on TV. The Karnataka duo had battered the Aussie bowlers in an unbroken 50 run partnership and had led India to a famous win under the lights. My moment of elation was quickly wrenched down with the feeling of guilt at having missed this.
That was awesome. That six Srinath hit off Steve Waugh (?) was just humongous.
Shame i cant find any videos of that match anywhere online... its a damn shame

abmk

State 12th Man

I remember watching this live. Was really awesome ....One of the earliest matches I'd watched live ...

Last edited:

abmk

State 12th Man
Missed seeing the Aus-SA 434-438 match live ... I had switched on in the last few overs of the Aus innings. saw that they had belted 434 ... thought they wouldn't lose ..

there was another match going on at the same time : India-SL I think ...was busy watching that ...

only turned on the news after the Aus-SA match was over and was stunned to see that SA had won ....