Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: **Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by akilana View Post
    Why do you hate chennai?
    Not Chennai. But CSK.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I was told last week that Royals will reach the second qualifier after defeating the Sunrisers. They will then meet MI and lose to them. MI will play CSK in the finals and will win it. All except the last have come true so far. The final bit might happen, just might, by default if rule 12.3 is exercised by the other team owners who have to decide in a meeting to be held on the morning of the Finals !!

Unlikely that the Franchisees will vote against CSK I think but one never knows. The rumours about some of the other Franchisees are stunning so they may act according to where they think their best interests lie rather than propriety consideration. In any event, it is amazing that we have to wait till the morning of the Finals to take a decision whether one of the Finalists should be thrown out. If this does not call for an emergency meeting what does ?
    Hilarious

All predictions true and Dhoni doesn't lose face

Win/Win

Simon Champion!
    Sachin saying it was his last IPL. Good way to End, even though he was injured. WAG!

Did Sachin just say it was his last IPL?

Yeah I'm surprised. Always thought he'd continue to play IPL cricket after he retired from Tests.
    ~ Cribbage

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Hilarious

Win/Win
    Hardly path breaking predictions, tbf.

Bookies have been getting those sort of things right even for World Cups. All sorts of even worse rumours floating around during 1999 and 2003 world cup's including certain famous chokes in latter stages.

The only difference is when these made up predictions come wrong, no one talks about it. But when they come right it is out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by Cevno; 26-05-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Did Sachin just say it was his last IPL?

Hopefully not the last time we see him on the field in a cricket match.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Hilarious

Win/Win
    I had just returned after six weeks in Europe. The group stages were over and Mumbai were going to play Chennai that evening in the first qualifier. The scandal was no where in the horizon.

I called my friend and neighbour Sanjay for a game of pool to be followed by watching some cricket which I had missed being away. He said, "pool is fine but why do you want to waste time with IPL."

I was surprised to hear him speaking my language. He explained that he could tell me exactly what would happen. He then proceeded to tell me the result of the first qualifier, the eliminator, the second qualifier and the final. I have no love for IPL and have always known it is rotten but this seemed too far fetched. He told me he had met someone who had been telling him about all games and it was coming true so he had lost all interest.

I relly did not believe him. It has been fascinating watching the results unfold this entire week.

According to Sanjay, the amounts bet on the outcome of the big games are astronomical. The big guys just can't afford for things to go wrong. I am still thinking, as I type this, can this be really happening ?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I have no doubt that the rot is deep and wide spread but I find it difficult to believe that all the four final games can be fixed. It is possible that the spot fixing in these games has been done in favour of the sides that won and against those that lost improving the probability of the prediction/ betting on outcome coming right but fixing four successive games to the championship seems a bit too much . . .

Simon Champion!

I relly did not believe him. It has been fascinating watching the results unfold this entire week.

According to Sanjay, the amounts bet on the outcome of the big games are astronomical. The big guys just can't afford for things to go wrong. I am still thinking, as I type this, can this be really happening ?
    If you want to believe the similar rumor mills (which i don't at all) , then it is true about 4 matches in last WC and some in Champions trophy.

I am pretty sure it is made up rumour mill which the illegal betting guys spread to dissuade people from placing money certain way. It can come right obv, when you know team's relative strengths and/or the team's are evenly matched.
    Last edited by Cevno; 26-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Sick joke of the century : Chennai Super Kings win FairPlay Trophy !

Simon Champion!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Who presented the trophy ?

Simon Champion!
    Srini. Was booed throughout the ceremony.

Akin to Kalmadi.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Sick joke of the century : Chennai Super Kings win FairPlay Trophy !
    Nah, the bigger joke is there actually IS a Fairplay Trophy in the IPL.. Look, I lost interest in IPL much earlier this year when I started hearing certain things and how spookily real those "predictions" were.. Now, it is easy enough to believe MI played extraordinarily well to win those trophy.. But the timing of this win, the fact that there have been noises about MI and the Ambanis not being happy with their lack of success and of course, Sachin Žnding with a "done it all" resume... It is just too difficult to think anything in the IPL has been fair..

Delhi police have been conducting a thorough investigation of player involvement without any bias towards a particular group.. Mumbai police have simply jumped in out of nowhere, been giving out "leaks" to the media and have openly targetted one franchise and one person with no real proof so far... Now Srini and his gang have been the worst among a bad lot that is the BCCI heads.. The brazen arrogance, the gag orders, the "controlling the message" style have been absolutely stupefyingly low even by the BCCI standards.. But how in the hell is it a good thing to have one group of corrupt ****s replace another? This has happened 5 or 6 times with the BCCI and I just do not think it is serving anyone any good.. First, let the Mumbai police prove "something" and then we will see what action will be taken.. To me, as a team, CSK have been the best in the IPL by a longshot.. And as bad as the owners have been, I have no reason to believe the Ambanis and the SRKs are any better.. Everyone is/has been corrupt and arrogant at their own spheres.. It is just that Srini also happens to be controlling the BCCI and is a lot more visible to the cricket fans..

And God, is there some jealousy about CSK's success... If CSK's success was fixed, doesn't it mean every other team is just as corrupt?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Thread Information