• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is funny because back in the day, when Dalmiya was the target, these guys were allies.. Pawar, Manohar, Srini Mama and Modi.. Then Modi got too big for Pawar's comfort and was ousted.. Today, it is Srini's turn.. The bigger issue is that a guy like Pawar is now holding TOO much clout in BCCI as well as Indian politics.. So things today are being run to suit him.. That, in the long run, I feel will be even more harmful for Indian cricket than anything NS and his cronies are doing today..

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If Srini is ousted, Jaitley and Pawar will fight it out to be Prez.

Maybe Manohar and Shukla too.

Not too much will change, but at least the next president will be under more spotlight straightaway and not able to act so opaquely and arrogantly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Srini is ousted, Jaitley and Pawar will fight it out to be Prez.

Maybe Manohar and Shukla too.

Not too much will change, but at least the next president will be under more spotlight straightaway and not able to act so opaquely and arrogantly.
That is what we thought when Modi was ousted.. :) But how wrong were we..

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That is what we thought when Modi was ousted.. :) But how wrong were we..
Modi was never BCCI prez and the IPL governing council procedures did become better after that episode.

Not much changed tangibly but on that front things somewhat became better. The problem is people think that it will be a all or nothing type of thing. That won't happen.

And there's not to much too lose from Srinivasan anyway. He has been a really poor adminstrator and done no tangible benefit to the board as President while doing so many negatives, even if you exclude this issue.

I think this change of Prez won't have been necessary weren't he a impediment to institutional change either.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be completely honest, I have come around to thinking getting rid of NS won't be such a bad thing after all... My only worry is the next guy coming will only be worse.. It just seems to be that way with the BCCI.. The lead men juz get worse than the last one..