Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Another terrible innings from Dwayne Smith goes past the IPL commentators unnoticed.

Smith constantly trying to swipe everything to leg even though most of the deliveries he's facing are basically an offside wide.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

I only watched the beginning of the innings but why the **** did Balaji only bowl three overs, given how well he was bowling? Did he get injured fielding or something?
    ~ Cribbage

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    WTF @ Kallis 5th on the MVP list.

He has been rubbish. Had a couple of useful spells early on in the competition - other than that he's been poor or a liability.
    That's the thing with Kallis. He's batting like absolute gash but he's still a shoe in for the KKR side, and pretty handy because he's one of the best quick bowlers in the tournament.

I wouldn't agree with him being 5th most valuable though, obvs. And I fear that his batting may be past its best now

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    That's the thing with Kallis. He's batting like absolute gash but he's still a shoe in for the KKR side, and pretty handy because he's one of the best quick bowlers in the tournament.

I wouldn't agree with him being 5th most valuable though, obvs. And I fear that his batting may be past its best now
    That is why KKR is doomed. It's not like Bangalore depending on Gayle or Jaipur on Watto- those are players who are doing well for their teams. He isn't. Poor strike rate, iffy bowling, and if he's their frontline player, they're not in good hands. I can understand teams depending on really good T20 players, but he's far from really good, and it's an easy guess why KKR is struggling. They should have worked on developing the whole team, but too much is left on Kallis.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

How well to people rate Mohit Sharma? Strong debut FC season, Dhoni as skipper and a strong IPL, looks good for a standard rapid India call-up. Obviously I'd give him a year or two to prove his consistency but I think he seems good. Seems very accurate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    How well to people rate Mohit Sharma? Strong debut FC season, Dhoni as skipper and a strong IPL, looks good for a standard rapid India call-up. Obviously I'd give him a year or two to prove his consistency but I think he seems good. Seems very accurate.
    He's Ok, but I was more impressed with Siddharth Kaul ... Easy release, swung the ball at good pace and got beautiful shape. Bowled a damn good maiden over to Dravid, who didn't play him all too convincingly. Did spray it around a bit in his second over but there's definitely potential there

U19 Vice-Captain
    Can't believe that RR bowler appealed for a run out after it rebounded off Gilly (who was defending himself) as he ran in

Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    He's Ok, but I was more impressed with Siddharth Kaul ... Easy release, swung the ball at good pace and got beautiful shape. Bowled a damn good maiden over to Dravid, who didn't play him all too convincingly. Did spray it around a bit in his second over but there's definitely potential there
    That he got only two games in DD's failed campaign is really sad. Had he played the full IPL, results would have been different.

Mohit has got plenty of chances and is doing well. He's done well in even and bowler-friendly pitches, but on the flat Uppal deck, he struggled. Bowls too slowly, so he'll struggle on a flat deck. If he can keep up the good work for four more seasons, he's good enough for India, but for T20Is, the call-up may be a lot sooner.

Then there's mystery flat bowler Ajit Chandila. Look at those figures. He's got a bowling economy rate a little over six, in the series and throughout his career. He's not been picking too many wickets, but if he can improve his batting, at least to Bhajji/Yusuf level, he may be playing 20-over shootouts for India.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Mohit has got plenty of chances and is doing well. He's done well in even and bowler-friendly pitches, but on the flat Uppal deck, he struggled. Bowls too slowly, so he'll struggle on a flat deck. If he can keep up the good work for four more seasons, he's good enough for India, but for T20Is, the call-up may be a lot sooner.
    He's not that slow. He bowls around 135kph from what I've seen.

Ooh Shrek's not happy.

The last replay pretty clearly showed he got a boot on it because the ball deviated. But you couldn't actually see the ball deviate in slow motion - so being an IPL umpire he repeatedly went back and forth in slow motion for about an hour before making the wrong decision.

He's not that slow. He bowls around 135kph from what I've seen.
    That's good for a start, but in four seasons, we may see a better bowler. I'd prefer to keep young players out of national action until they've done five domestic seasons and at least five A-team tours outside Asia. Who knows, he may be hitting the 140s often, and will be more useful everywhere than just on green-tops.

Already Ishwar Pandey is struggling on flat IPL wickets. There are more green-top bullies in the bowlers than there are flat-track bullies amongst the batsmen.

Funny, Yadav is actually bowling a load of length deliveries and shouty idiot didn't bang on about 'bowling length' once. Although the other halfwit mentioned that it was 'the right place to bowl' when one of the deliveries happened not to go for a boundary.

Ah you knew if it got down to a clutch situation that Morkel would find a way not to succeed. He's been involved in so many collapses and chokes when he has enough batting ability to do something.

To be fair it was a decent yorker he missed.

Rubbish.

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread Information