• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was told last week that Royals will reach the second qualifier after defeating the Sunrisers. They will then meet MI and lose to them. MI will play CSK in the finals and will win it. All except the last have come true so far. The final bit might happen, just might, by default if rule 12.3 is exercised by the other team owners who have to decide in a meeting to be held on the morning of the Finals !!

Unlikely that the Franchisees will vote against CSK I think but one never knows. The rumours about some of the other Franchisees are stunning so they may act according to where they think their best interests lie rather than propriety consideration. In any event, it is amazing that we have to wait till the morning of the Finals to take a decision whether one of the Finalists should be thrown out. If this does not call for an emergency meeting what does ?
Hilarious

All predictions true and Dhoni doesn't lose face

Win/Win :laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hilarious

Hardly path breaking predictions, tbf.

Bookies have been getting those sort of things right even for World Cups. All sorts of even worse rumours floating around during 1999 and 2003 world cup's including certain famous chokes in latter stages.

The only difference is when these made up predictions come wrong, no one talks about it. But when they come right it is out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hilarious

I had just returned after six weeks in Europe. The group stages were over and Mumbai were going to play Chennai that evening in the first qualifier. The scandal was no where in the horizon.

I called my friend and neighbour Sanjay for a game of pool to be followed by watching some cricket which I had missed being away. He said, "pool is fine but why do you want to waste time with IPL."

I was surprised to hear him speaking my language. He explained that he could tell me exactly what would happen. He then proceeded to tell me the result of the first qualifier, the eliminator, the second qualifier and the final. I have no love for IPL and have always known it is rotten but this seemed too far fetched. He told me he had met someone who had been telling him about all games and it was coming true so he had lost all interest.

I relly did not believe him. It has been fascinating watching the results unfold this entire week.

According to Sanjay, the amounts bet on the outcome of the big games are astronomical. The big guys just can't afford for things to go wrong. I am still thinking, as I type this, can this be really happening ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have no doubt that the rot is deep and wide spread but I find it difficult to believe that all the four final games can be fixed. It is possible that the spot fixing in these games has been done in favour of the sides that won and against those that lost improving the probability of the prediction/ betting on outcome coming right but fixing four successive games to the championship seems a bit too much . . .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I relly did not believe him. It has been fascinating watching the results unfold this entire week.

According to Sanjay, the amounts bet on the outcome of the big games are astronomical. The big guys just can't afford for things to go wrong. I am still thinking, as I type this, can this be really happening ?
If you want to believe the similar rumor mills (which i don't at all) , then it is true about 4 matches in last WC and some in Champions trophy.

I am pretty sure it is made up rumour mill which the illegal betting guys spread to dissuade people from placing money certain way. It can come right obv, when you know team's relative strengths and/or the team's are evenly matched.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sick joke of the century : Chennai Super Kings win FairPlay Trophy !
Nah, the bigger joke is there actually IS a Fairplay Trophy in the IPL.. Look, I lost interest in IPL much earlier this year when I started hearing certain things and how spookily real those "predictions" were.. Now, it is easy enough to believe MI played extraordinarily well to win those trophy.. But the timing of this win, the fact that there have been noises about MI and the Ambanis not being happy with their lack of success and of course, Sachin ënding with a "done it all" resume... It is just too difficult to think anything in the IPL has been fair..

Delhi police have been conducting a thorough investigation of player involvement without any bias towards a particular group.. Mumbai police have simply jumped in out of nowhere, been giving out "leaks" to the media and have openly targetted one franchise and one person with no real proof so far... Now Srini and his gang have been the worst among a bad lot that is the BCCI heads.. The brazen arrogance, the gag orders, the "controlling the message" style have been absolutely stupefyingly low even by the BCCI standards.. But how in the hell is it a good thing to have one group of corrupt ****s replace another? This has happened 5 or 6 times with the BCCI and I just do not think it is serving anyone any good.. First, let the Mumbai police prove "something" and then we will see what action will be taken.. To me, as a team, CSK have been the best in the IPL by a longshot.. And as bad as the owners have been, I have no reason to believe the Ambanis and the SRKs are any better.. Everyone is/has been corrupt and arrogant at their own spheres.. It is just that Srini also happens to be controlling the BCCI and is a lot more visible to the cricket fans..

And God, is there some jealousy about CSK's success... If CSK's success was fixed, doesn't it mean every other team is just as corrupt? 8-)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, the bigger joke is there actually IS a Fairplay Trophy in the IPL.. Look, I lost interest in IPL much earlier this year when I started hearing certain things and how spookily real those "predictions" were.. Now, it is easy enough to believe MI played extraordinarily well to win those trophy.. But the timing of this win, the fact that there have been noises about MI and the Ambanis not being happy with their lack of success and of course, Sachin ënding with a "done it all" resume... It is just too difficult to think anything in the IPL has been fair..

Delhi police have been conducting a thorough investigation of player involvement without any bias towards a particular group.. Mumbai police have simply jumped in out of nowhere, been giving out "leaks" to the media and have openly targetted one franchise and one person with no real proof so far... Now Srini and his gang have been the worst among a bad lot that is the BCCI heads.. The brazen arrogance, the gag orders, the "controlling the message" style have been absolutely stupefyingly low even by the BCCI standards.. But how in the hell is it a good thing to have one group of corrupt ****s replace another? This has happened 5 or 6 times with the BCCI and I just do not think it is serving anyone any good.. First, let the Mumbai police prove "something" and then we will see what action will be taken.. To me, as a team, CSK have been the best in the IPL by a longshot.. And as bad as the owners have been, I have no reason to believe the Ambanis and the SRKs are any better.. Everyone is/has been corrupt and arrogant at their own spheres.. It is just that Srini also happens to be controlling the BCCI and is a lot more visible to the cricket fans..

And God, is there some jealousy about CSK's success... If CSK's success was fixed, doesn't it mean every other team is just as corrupt? 8-)
Says he lost interest in the IPL

Proceeds to make a fanboy post defending his favourite team

Howe_zat

Audio File

Just so happens to control the BCCI.

That's kind of a big deal in cricket, hb.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just so happens to control the BCCI.

That's kind of a big deal in cricket, hb.
lol.. tats kinda wat I meant by my next phrase in that post, Howe.. :)

What I mean to tell is that these guys are just as bad as each other.. You know about Srini coz he was the boss of BCCI till now.. you will know about the others if they get into running the board as well.. I am just stating we really do not have better choices.. So it is kinda high horse to be claiming that this will lead to any sorta clean up.. It is juz a certain group's vendatta against another.. Lets not confuse that with cheating, cleaning up the game etc. etc. And it is kinda funny why people suddenly think it takes only one team to cheat.. CSK have been more successful than anyone else.. if they were involved in fixing, it almost automatically means so were most of the other sides..

Look, CSK ownership is bad.. Srini has been the worst admin of the BCCI and that takes SOME doing.. I will be happy if the ownership passed on to more professional and better hands.. But the cricketing team of CSK (the players and the support staff) have been as good a bunch as any.. They have played well, played without showing meaningless aggression, been successful and have shown the values of building a team and a team culture.. And until there is even an iota of evidence to show ANY of these games were fixed (and there has been nothing so far), I don't see why I should suspect 8 or 9 teams and 100s of matches..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Says he lost interest in the IPL

Proceeds to make a fanboy post defending his favourite team
yeah.. did you even see how many other posts I have had in this thread? 8-)

Can't argue the point.. Brings up a lame ass accusation with no proof whatsoever..

And pray, where exactly am I defending the CSK ownership? I am just stating why the entire thing is pointless.. If all of these allegations were true, all that is gonna happen is a different group is gonna control the BCCI, run it the same way and not pursue even one more day of investigation in this issue as their purpose would have been attained.. If you think anything else is gonna happen, you got a lot less sense than I thought..

Arachnodouche

International Captain
God, it feels good to see Bombay winning silverware again. **** team, **** ppl sure, but the name Bombay with cups lofted high...aah, heaven