• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes but he's not getting a fair shot at finishing games if he's coming in with a few balls left needing to hit 15 an over.

He's got a brain, he knows when to attack and when to calmly play himself in. RR lose nothing if he comes in with 8-10 overs to go, because the other guys coming in are gash and just eat up deliveries that Hodge could use to get in - and he's actually good enough to make it count.
Yeah exactly. There's nothing wrong having him as the designated finisher but he could finish more effectively coming in a bit earlier. No-one's saying he should bat top three but when he came out at #8 with four overs to go and they lost chasing it was ridiculous.

Snippie27

Cricket Spectator
Oh my word that final spell of Malinga was absolutely hilarious!

Just such a pity that the spot-fixing saga does raise a few eyebrows at such displays...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great over from Faulkner. Mumbai's have sucked balls from the 15th over onwards whilst both batting and bowling. They need a Harbhajan miracle with the bat lol.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hodge spending too much time telling the crowd to get pumped and not enough time taking match winning catches. What a douchebag.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gun win. We have a **** record against CSK in matches that count though so I don't expect much.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was told last week that Royals will reach the second qualifier after defeating the Sunrisers. They will then meet MI and lose to them. MI will play CSK in the finals and will win it. All except the last have come true so far. The final bit might happen, just might, by default if rule 12.3 is exercised by the other team owners who have to decide in a meeting to be held on the morning of the Finals !!

Unlikely that the Franchisees will vote against CSK I think but one never knows. The rumours about some of the other Franchisees are stunning so they may act according to where they think their best interests lie rather than propriety consideration. In any event, it is amazing that we have to wait till the morning of the Finals to take a decision whether one of the Finalists should be thrown out. If this does not call for an emergency meeting what does ?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was told last week that Royals will reach the second qualifier after defeating the Sunrisers. They will then meet MI and lose to them. MI will play CSK in the finals and will win it. All except the last have come true so far. The final bit might happen, just might, by default if rule 12.3 is exercised by the other team owners who have to decide in a meeting to be held on the morning of the Finals !!

Unlikely that the Franchisees will vote against CSK I think but one never knows. The rumours about some of the other Franchisees are stunning so they may act according to where they think their best interests lie rather than propriety consideration. In any event, it is amazing that we have to wait till the morning of the Finals to take a decision whether one of the Finalists should be thrown out. If this does not call for an emergency meeting what does ?
The IPL was recently valued at more than $3 billion

If the owners vote against CSK then many will assume that the whole thing is staged and its' value will drop accordingly

Cant see them cutting their own wrists tbh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The IPL was recently valued at more than $3 billion

If the owners vote against CSK then many will assume that the whole thing is staged and its' value will drop accordingly

Cant see them cutting their own wrists tbh
You are probably right.

By the way, the IPL valuations are a bit of a scam. The Franchisees have lost money in IPL overall. The valuation of individual Franchise is being disputed by them as in the case of Sahara recently who were made to take it for four times what the initial Franchisees had done. If BCCI was to try and sell Sahara's spot next year, it is likely to fetch a much lower sun this time. So these things have some complications to put it mildly :)

Daemon

Yep. Not surprised at all. If they're going to lose I hope Chennai chase it down really quickly so I can go to bed.

Daemon

Those 4 dot balls at the end..imagine what Pollard could've done if he had faced those.