• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rubbish over from Ashwin, trying to bowl quick and flat yorkers and just sticking them in the slot instead. He's not that kind of bowler anyway.

Snippie27

Cricket Spectator
Really happy CSK made it through to the finals again, and with style as well! Absolutely brutal spell from Bravo! They have been one of the more consistent teams this season.

Hoping SRH can pull of an upset over the next few days!

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
'No offical word from Sahara' is the major headline in cricinfo today.. Though it is a trivial matter, I am surprised to see cricinfo not correcting the spelling mistake to 'official' for one whole day..It has not yet been corrected..

Scaly piscine

Part of me wants the Royals to make it through so Twatto and Pollard can exchange some more light hearted banter, probably in the process of another Mumbai choke. Would be quite fun to see whether Pollard can take what he dishes out.

Then again the choke is quite likely against SRH's bowling attack, maybe Steyn could knock Pollard's block off, then a few of his poles. Would also be quite fun.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Part of me wants the Royals to make it through so Twatto and Pollard can exchange some more light hearted banter, probably in the process of another Mumbai choke. Would be quite fun to see whether Pollard can take what he dishes out.

Then again the choke is quite likely against SRH's bowling attack, maybe Steyn could knock Pollard's block off, then a few of his poles. Would also be quite fun.
I don't think even Steyn can pull it off after a NRR of 4.8 after 13 overs..SRH is batting too slowly..RR's game to lose now..

Scaly piscine

Err yea, of course Perera shouldn't try and throw down the stumps from halfway down the pitch, with all three to aim at, knowing if he hits he saves a run and takes out the last recognised batsman.

Shut the **** up commentators.

social

It's almost as though that Hodge fella with over 5000 T20 runs can bat.
It's incredible I tells ya

Amazing that the IPL and CA cant recognize the friggin' obvious

Imagine how he would be performing if he wasn't semi-retired and middle-aged :laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ftr

Rajasthan Royals captain Rahul Dravid can tell reliable men when he sees them. Throughout IPL 2013 he has used Brad Hodge, the 38-year-old Australian, low in the order, where he doesn't get many chances. Or so it seems. "He doesn't get many opportunities to bat," says Dravid. "If he bats 3 and 4, there is no doubt he can score 500 runs as well. But there is nobody who can finish the game better than Brad Hodge, especially against quality pace."

Scaly piscine

Yes but he's not getting a fair shot at finishing games if he's coming in with a few balls left needing to hit 15 an over.

He's got a brain, he knows when to attack and when to calmly play himself in. RR lose nothing if he comes in with 8-10 overs to go, because the other guys coming in are gash and just eat up deliveries that Hodge could use to get in - and he's actually good enough to make it count.