• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another terrible innings from Dwayne Smith goes past the IPL commentators unnoticed.

Smith constantly trying to swipe everything to leg even though most of the deliveries he's facing are basically an offside wide.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I only watched the beginning of the innings but why the **** did Balaji only bowl three overs, given how well he was bowling? Did he get injured fielding or something?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
WTF @ Kallis 5th on the MVP list.

He has been rubbish. Had a couple of useful spells early on in the competition - other than that he's been poor or a liability.
That's the thing with Kallis. He's batting like absolute gash but he's still a shoe in for the KKR side, and pretty handy because he's one of the best quick bowlers in the tournament.

I wouldn't agree with him being 5th most valuable though, obvs. And I fear that his batting may be past its best now :(

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the thing with Kallis. He's batting like absolute gash but he's still a shoe in for the KKR side, and pretty handy because he's one of the best quick bowlers in the tournament.

I wouldn't agree with him being 5th most valuable though, obvs. And I fear that his batting may be past its best now :(
That is why KKR is doomed. It's not like Bangalore depending on Gayle or Jaipur on Watto- those are players who are doing well for their teams. He isn't. Poor strike rate, iffy bowling, and if he's their frontline player, they're not in good hands. I can understand teams depending on really good T20 players, but he's far from really good, and it's an easy guess why KKR is struggling. They should have worked on developing the whole team, but too much is left on Kallis.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How well to people rate Mohit Sharma? Strong debut FC season, Dhoni as skipper and a strong IPL, looks good for a standard rapid India call-up. Obviously I'd give him a year or two to prove his consistency but I think he seems good. Seems very accurate.

Satyanash89

Banned
How well to people rate Mohit Sharma? Strong debut FC season, Dhoni as skipper and a strong IPL, looks good for a standard rapid India call-up. Obviously I'd give him a year or two to prove his consistency but I think he seems good. Seems very accurate.
He's Ok, but I was more impressed with Siddharth Kaul ... Easy release, swung the ball at good pace and got beautiful shape. Bowled a damn good maiden over to Dravid, who didn't play him all too convincingly. Did spray it around a bit in his second over but there's definitely potential there

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
Can't believe that RR bowler appealed for a run out after it rebounded off Gilly (who was defending himself) as he ran in :laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's Ok, but I was more impressed with Siddharth Kaul ... Easy release, swung the ball at good pace and got beautiful shape. Bowled a damn good maiden over to Dravid, who didn't play him all too convincingly. Did spray it around a bit in his second over but there's definitely potential there
That he got only two games in DD's failed campaign is really sad. Had he played the full IPL, results would have been different.

Mohit has got plenty of chances and is doing well. He's done well in even and bowler-friendly pitches, but on the flat Uppal deck, he struggled. Bowls too slowly, so he'll struggle on a flat deck. If he can keep up the good work for four more seasons, he's good enough for India, but for T20Is, the call-up may be a lot sooner.

Then there's mystery flat bowler Ajit Chandila. Look at those figures. He's got a bowling economy rate a little over six, in the series and throughout his career. He's not been picking too many wickets, but if he can improve his batting, at least to Bhajji/Yusuf level, he may be playing 20-over shootouts for India.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Mohit has got plenty of chances and is doing well. He's done well in even and bowler-friendly pitches, but on the flat Uppal deck, he struggled. Bowls too slowly, so he'll struggle on a flat deck. If he can keep up the good work for four more seasons, he's good enough for India, but for T20Is, the call-up may be a lot sooner.
He's not that slow. He bowls around 135kph from what I've seen.

Scaly piscine

Ooh Shrek's not happy.

The last replay pretty clearly showed he got a boot on it because the ball deviated. But you couldn't actually see the ball deviate in slow motion - so being an IPL umpire he repeatedly went back and forth in slow motion for about an hour before making the wrong decision.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's not that slow. He bowls around 135kph from what I've seen.
That's good for a start, but in four seasons, we may see a better bowler. I'd prefer to keep young players out of national action until they've done five domestic seasons and at least five A-team tours outside Asia. Who knows, he may be hitting the 140s often, and will be more useful everywhere than just on green-tops.

Already Ishwar Pandey is struggling on flat IPL wickets. There are more green-top bullies in the bowlers than there are flat-track bullies amongst the batsmen.

Scaly piscine

Funny, Yadav is actually bowling a load of length deliveries and shouty idiot didn't bang on about 'bowling length' once. Although the other halfwit mentioned that it was 'the right place to bowl' when one of the deliveries happened not to go for a boundary.

Scaly piscine

Ah you knew if it got down to a clutch situation that Morkel would find a way not to succeed. He's been involved in so many collapses and chokes when he has enough batting ability to do something.

To be fair it was a decent yorker he missed.

Scaly piscine

One of those where if you have UDRS it goes from being almost always being given not out to one that gets given out on review. It was clearly pad first on replay.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wtf is with Sammy and this dummy he puts in his mouth when he gets a wicket? ****ing ridiculous.