• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the opening ceremony and Ponting is captaining the Mumbai Indians ?

I.e Captaining Harbhajan, Symonds and Sachin. Ought to be interesting. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Symonds won't play, was dropped the last time as well iirc. Has been terrible for MI.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good pick...dangerous in the slog overs.. any thoughts on team composition?
  • Sehwag
  • Warner
  • Mahela
  • Unmukt
  • Kedar
  • Roelof (SLA)
  • Naman Ojha (WK)
  • Sid Kaul (RFM)
  • Shahbaz Nadeem (SLA)
  • Morne (RF)
  • Umesh (RF)
This looks likely. Irfan's fitness is very iffy. He's missed plenty of domestic action, so it will be a while before he returns to full fitness.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Despite probably being a quality fast bowler short, I'm going with Chennai this year to win it.

Disappointed and surprised that O'Keefe hasn't been picked up.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite probably being a quality fast bowler short, I'm going with Chennai this year to win it.

Disappointed and surprised that O'Keefe hasn't been picked up.
Their sole focus this year has been to pick up quality fast bowlers (Morris, Holder, Imtiaz) apart from the three Australia fast bowlers they already have..I think 2 out of these 6 bowlers can complement the strong spin attack very well.. Chennai looks the strongest team this season..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Chennai's bowling attack- Nannes, Morris, Ashwin, Jadeja, Rajpoot/Imtiaz/Mohit Sharma. Four internationals and any domestic seam-up bowler. Looks strong.

sunilreddy

Banned
  • Sehwag
  • Warner
  • Mahela
  • Unmukt
  • Kedar
  • Roelof (SLA)
  • Naman Ojha (WK)
  • Sid Kaul (RFM)
  • Shahbaz Nadeem (SLA)
  • Morne (RF)
  • Umesh (RF)
This looks likely. Irfan's fitness is very iffy. He's missed plenty of domestic action, so it will be a while before he returns to full fitness.

Sehwag and Morne not available for the first match. Russell would be picked in the absence of power hitters like Sehwag, KP.