• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm Sachin and Ponting opening yesterday, to Reddy and Parthiv starting off again right arm chuck Samuels... Bleugh.

Stapel

International Regular
The problem is more that Sachin and Ponting didn't go on and accelerate. They aren't really capable of 150+ SR once they're 'set' (I don't mean the whole innings, just from the point they're 'in'). The start was fine - much better than the opponents. But really they're going to need to aggressors coming in at the other end playing around them.
Though I agree, I guess it is not much of a problem, as others can deliver the goods after their start.

Stapel

International Regular
Just as I notice the stadium is far from full and thus a bit quiet, some commentator tells me there's a good atmosphere.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Disappointed Steve Smith isn't playing for Pune. You would've thought that the side who came last last year would play the guy who was their best player, but hey, good luck to them.

OMG @ Sachin and Ponting opening the batting. Genuine jizz moment.
Not for the Mumbai fans yesterday unfortunately.

Lol, typical MI and their **** decisions, not sending Pollard in early, then sending Harbhajan instead of Pollard, bowling Munaf in the final over was pretty dumb as well.
Yeah, leaving Johnson with just 3 overs was stupid, especially as Munaf got spanked in his pervious over. And you wouldn't thought someone who was playing as an all-rounder (Oram) would have come in ahead of a bowler (Harbha****)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm interesting position. 6 overs to go. 2 overs from Steyn and 2 overs of fill-in. Anything could happen with the other two overs too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why is Marsh playing ahead of Smith if he wasn't going to bowl a single ball? Anyway, a lot for him to do now.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well, guess that answers my question. Would probably give Steyn his last over now. Try and finish the game with a wicket or at least a tight over.