• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Surprise Party Guest

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If your friends and family organised a surprise birthday party for you and arranged for a cricketer to attend - not to make a speech but just to hang out, chat to the rels, have a few pics taken and eat some cake - who would you want it to be?

Like most cricket player related questions, my choice would be Geoffrey. Id be thrilled as I'm sure my mates would be in addition to my Dad and uncles. Even the older women in the family would be excited as he is such an important Yorkshire icon.

How many Indians on here wouldnt say Sachin?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Warne. A surprise party for me would include a lot of drinking. If I'm having a party, I want as many party animals as possible there. Or Keith Miller, I heard he was in a similar mould.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First choice would be Benchy, naturally, but as I believe he is currently restrained within some sort of penal institution I'd go for Athers, who I reckon would be excellent company.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Ramiz Raja and Saqlain have both visited us for dinner (Ramiz) and lunch (Saqlain).

However if I were to invite someone it would probably would be Chris Gayle who is such a cool guy.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Being extremely shallow any surprise guest sent in my direction must have large breasts. So either Charlotte Edwards or David Boon.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
If your friends and family organised a surprise birthday party for you and arranged for a cricketer to attend - not to make a speech but just to hang out, chat to the rels, have a few pics taken and eat some cake - who would you want it to be?

Like most cricket player related questions, my choice would be Geoffrey. Id be thrilled as I'm sure my mates would be in addition to my Dad and uncles. Even the older women in the family would be excited as he is such an important Yorkshire icon.

How many Indians on here wouldnt say Sachin?
I'd have Geoffrey too. Think some of my relatives have met him before actually...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shane Warne. A surprise party for me would include a lot of drinking. If I'm having a party, I want as many party animals as possible there. Or Keith Miller, I heard he was in a similar mould.
He'd have two vodkas, and then when you're back is turned try and tune the bird you brought along.