Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ryder Seriously Injured during attack at Christchurch bar

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Jesus Christ. Awful.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

U19 Debutant
    Skull fracture + Coma- that beating has be executed with the intention to kill/disable to cause that degree of injury. There were also four of them. Seems like an organised attack to me. I hope he recovers consciousness swiftly. This is very saddening news.
    All Time Test XI:

Openers: S.Gavaskar V.Sehwag Middle Order: V.Richards S.Tendulkar B.Lara All Rounders: G.Sobers I Khan (C) WK: A.Gilchrist Bowlers: W.Akram M.Marshall M.Muralitharan

All Time ODI XI:

WK: A.Gilchrist S.Tendulkar V.Richards R. Ponting M. Dhoni M. Bevan Allrounder: K.Dev Bowlers: W.Akram J. Garner M.Muralitharan G. McGrath

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by dhillon28 View Post
    Skull fracture + Coma- that beating has be executed with the intention to kill/disable to cause that degree of injury. There were also four of them. Seems like an organised attack to me. I hope he recovers consciousness swiftly. This is very saddening news.
    It's an induced coma, probably to spare him pain, so regaining consciousness hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...you can get that sort of injury falling of a bicycle. There is no need for pointless speculation: let the "24 hour news cycle" play itself out.

My thoughts with Ryder and family. Was gonna post something in the Ross Taylor thread, but this seems to dwarf any problems that NZ cricket has at the moment. Truly dreadful stuff.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    So horrible

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    It's an induced coma, probably to spare him pain, so regaining consciousness hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
    Yeah, hopefully like JT McNamara the jockey hurt at Cheltenham, hope Ryder's injuries aren't as severe though and he is fine in the longterm.

U19 Debutant
    Is it confirmed that the coma is induced?

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    That is just so ****ed, but somehow it doesn't surprise me. Nothing really does anymore, such is the ****iness of the human race.

Without knowing any details, I wish Jesse all the best. Will make it even sweeter when he scores a ton on his test return.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket acareer past 2016."
    Brocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
    ...you can get that sort of injury falling of a bicycle. There is no need for pointless speculation: let the "24 hour news cycle" play itself out.

My thoughts with Ryder and family. Was gonna post something in the Ross Taylor thread, but this seems to dwarf any problems that NZ cricket has at the moment. Truly dreadful stuff.
    And falling off a bicycle and landing on your head is not a serious injury? Canadian wrestler Bret Hart suffered a stroke after falling off his bike. The guy also has a collapsed lung according to some reports, meaning there was likely penetrating trauma to his chest- not the kind of injury one sustains during a regular punch up.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Is it confirmed that the coma is induced?
    That's what Newstalk ZB is saying.

wow, terrible. best wishes to the big bloke
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

U19 Debutant
    That's what Newstalk ZB is saying.
    Cool, thanks. I managed to find the article. Induced coma is performed
    because it is thought to reduce intracranial pressure and therefore help prevent further damage to brain tissue.
    Last edited by dhillon28; 27-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Thanks scoop.

And falling off a bicycle and landing on your head is not a serious injury? Canadian wrestler Bret Hart suffered a stroke after falling off his bike. The guy also has a collapsed lung according to some reports, meaning there was likely penetrating trauma to his chest- not the kind of injury one sustains during a regular punch up.
    I think he was suggesting there is little point in speculating too much on what actually happened without further details. Not that the injury wasn't serious.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...dude: you were speculating that the beating has be executed with the intention to kill/disable and that it was an "organised" attack. There is no need to speculate. We know he was assaulted by a group of people, but that is really all we know. Its not helpful to hear your "guesses" about the "injuries" he has sustained unless you are either a doctor or a policeman intimately involved with the case. Just wait for the facts to come out: we aren't the tabloid press.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information