• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jesse Ryder Seriously Injured during attack at Christchurch bar

Jezroy

State Captain
37 year old man charged as well - Police confirm he is realted to the 20 year old already charged.

I heard he is the the guy's father/mum's boyfriend.

The Mum is definitely involved somehow.

Just ship them all to North Korea.

BeeGee

International Captain
I found it interesting to read that they momentarily reduce the sedation just enough for the patient to gain consciousness in order to acknowledge loved-ones, and then ramp it up again. All sounds fairly blazay, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Induced coma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barbiturates reduce the metabolic rate of brain tissue, as well as the cerebral blood flow. With these reductions, the blood vessels in the brain narrow, decreasing the amount of space occupied by the brain, and hence the intracranial pressure. The hope is that, with the swelling relieved, the pressure decreases and some or all brain damage may be averted. Several studies have supported this theory by showing reduced mortality when treating refractory intracranial hypertension with a barbiturate coma.
I notice they've already updated the article to include Jesse Ryder.

Jezroy

State Captain
What I would like to do to these guys is that we have a special pay per view cricket event where we get the 10 fastest bowlers in the country (which to the average munter, even 130 would be super quick), and they each get an over at each guy.

Rules?

They get a bat, but no pads, no padding, no helmets, no gloves.

If either one of them make it through the ten overs without getting out/injured/maimed, they can go free. If they don't they go to jail.

If they both get through the ten overs without getting out/injured/maimed, the one with the most runs gets to go free, while the loser goes to jail for the maximum combined sentences of both guys - I guess that would be around 14 years?

OR we just put the two losers in a ring and get them to fight each other till the death. They'd do it. And then one of the oxygen thieves would be out of our system, and the other would hopefully be injured enough where he wouldn't be a problem to society anymore.

Who would we get?

Probably

Boult
Southee
Wagner
McClenaghan
Butler
Milne
Wheeler
Gillespie
Bracewell
Duffy

Anyone I missed out?

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
If Jesse recovers from this he is going to need a minder.
Be interesting to see what he does if he does recover fully. Some people with a head injury can take years to recover, some people never do. Of course, some people recover fine.

Very glad to see how little the actual game matters when you compare it to the guy's health. Up until this, all the NZ posters were saying when/how/if/should Jesse get back in the team, and where he should bat - no one gives a **** about that now. Just want him to get better, and the mongrels that did this to go down heavily.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Be interesting to see what he does if he does recover fully. Some people with a head injury can take years to recover, some people never do. Of course, some people recover fine.

Very glad to see how little the actual game matters when you compare it to the guy's health. Up until this, all the NZ posters were saying when/how/if/should Jesse get back in the team, and where he should bat - no one gives a **** about that now. Just want him to get better, and the mongrels that did this to go down heavily.
Hope he doesn't do a Jimmy Adams :-O

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
What I would like to do to these guys is that we have a special pay per view cricket event where we get the 10 fastest bowlers in the country (which to the average munter, even 130 would be super quick), and they each get an over at each guy.

Rules?

If either one of them make it through the ten overs without getting out/injured/maimed, they can go free. If they don't they go to jail.

If they both get through the ten overs without getting out/injured/maimed, the one with the most runs gets to go free, while the loser goes to jail for the maximum combined sentences of both guys - I guess that would be around 14 years?

OR we just put the two losers in a ring and get them to fight each other till the death. They'd do it. And then one of the oxygen thieves would be out of our system, and the other would hopefully be injured enough where he wouldn't be a problem to society anymore.

Who would we get?

Probably

Boult
Southee
Wagner
McClenaghan
Butler
Milne
Wheeler
Gillespie
Bracewell
Duffy

Anyone I missed out?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Rules?

Who would we get?

Probably

Boult
Southee
Wagner
McClenaghan
Butler
Milne
Wheeler
Gillespie
Bracewell
Duffy

Anyone I missed out?
Lol getting a NZ bowler to bowl at them. Do you want them to get off scot free?