Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CW Stock Exchange Project

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Spreadsheet boffins:

It's been about eight years since I did stats at uni, just wondering is it possible to make a time series graph just from spreadsheet data.

So say I want to map the fluctuations throughout the year for a player, could I just enter the share price of a player once a month and then create a graph easily from that information to show his fluctuations?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Adam Smith would advocate the team to be made up of all the selfish players.

It is not Jacques Kallis' exceptional drive, talent or dedication that gets him runs but his self-interest that makes it so.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Hey Startingteammark00, will it be just Test Cricket? I don't think I'd use ICC ratings, would prefer a small group to decide on players value.

Perhaps have some set criteria in place to help give a guide on players value. ICC for instance don't give full ratings until the player has played a certain number of games. Would that mean someone like Jadeja or du Plessis rating would be a little lower than other experienced players if they were in the same form?
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

$15.70 is pricey.

I know it was half suggested earlier but I genuinely reckon Cribb's rankings would be a good starting point for this. Make some manual adjustments to it but it'd be a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Spreadsheet boffins:

It's been about eight years since I did stats at uni, just wondering is it possible to make a time series graph just from spreadsheet data.

So say I want to map the fluctuations throughout the year for a player, could I just enter the share price of a player once a month and then create a graph easily from that information to show his fluctuations?
    Yeah, you could do it in two clicks. Excel 2010 >>>> Excel 2003.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Spreadsheet boffins:

yes.

Confession time: it took me 4 clicks.

Dick around with his share price as you wish.

Haha this thread is great
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Hey Startingteammark00, will it be just Test Cricket? I don't think I'd use ICC ratings, would prefer a small group to decide on players value.

Perhaps have some set criteria in place to help give a guide on players value. ICC for instance don't give full ratings until the player has played a certain number of games. Would that mean someone like Jadeja or du Plessis rating would be a little lower than other experienced players if they were in the same form?
    Yeah as I said earlier, ICC rankings would only be useful as a starting point, and yeah test cricket would be used, otherwise it's too difficult to factor in all the variables across different formats.

It's hard to answer your second question, haven't thought about it.

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Are we doing this?
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Can we sell short and buy on margin?

I wouldn't mind owing a piece of Clarke's ass to retire on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information