• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Stock Exchange Project

Riggins

International Captain
Spreadsheet boffins:

It's been about eight years since I did stats at uni, just wondering is it possible to make a time series graph just from spreadsheet data.

So say I want to map the fluctuations throughout the year for a player, could I just enter the share price of a player once a month and then create a graph easily from that information to show his fluctuations?
yes.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey Startingteammark00, will it be just Test Cricket? I don't think I'd use ICC ratings, would prefer a small group to decide on players value.

Perhaps have some set criteria in place to help give a guide on players value. ICC for instance don't give full ratings until the player has played a certain number of games. Would that mean someone like Jadeja or du Plessis rating would be a little lower than other experienced players if they were in the same form?
Yeah as I said earlier, ICC rankings would only be useful as a starting point, and yeah test cricket would be used, otherwise it's too difficult to factor in all the variables across different formats.

It's hard to answer your second question, haven't thought about it.

BeeGee

International Captain
Can we sell short and buy on margin?

I wouldn't mind owing a piece of Clarke's ass to retire on.