• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best keeping dismissals ever...advice needed for video

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I think 23.1 (b) covers this one - "The ball shall be considered to be dead when it is clear to the bowler’s end umpire that the fielding side and both batsmen at the wicket have ceased to regard it as in play."
That is helpful, thanks.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
ah bugger i finished the video but didnt put that haddin catch in, instead i put the leg side take off Johnsons bowling. might have to add this one in!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I vaguely remember an outstanding catch by Healey off Warne's bowling - possibly Alex Stewart in the 1997 Ashes.

EDIT
It was the Trent Bridge test. Stewart had reached 87 and was looking in prime nick. IIRC Healey had to dive in front of the wicket to claim the catch. The commentators raved about it at the time, anyway.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I vaguely remember an outstanding catch by Healey off Warne's bowling - possibly Alex Stewart in the 1997 Ashes.

EDIT
It was the Trent Bridge test. Stewart had reached 87 and was looking in prime nick. IIRC Healey had to dive in front of the wicket to claim the catch. The commentators raved about it at the time, anyway.
HAH! I actually did put it in there! Here's the vid! And guess what, Ian Healy is watching it right now!

Incredible wicketkeepers compilation- stunning dismissals GALORE! - YouTube

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Healy is an awful commentator. His ability at that caper being inversely proportional to his wicket keeping ability.