• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What happens with Keath is probably the big one for Victoria.

Dhuss probably gets his last contract.

Heard that Sheridan is out for twelve months too, lucky to be back for BBL.

toolie

Cricket Spectator
Remember seeing Bills a year or two ago, found it weird that so much was seen in him. Didn't see it myself.
People were saying when he played a few years ago he was raw and a lot quicker than he is now. Some action changes stunted his development. Still takes millions of grade wickets though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keath looks junk from what I've seen of him. Is it a case of Victoria just giving him a contract to sure up his future in the sport and make sure he doesn't choose football?

Spikey

i don't actually know the rookie rules because surprise there's no info about them on the net, but i would have thought a rookie can't be on there for 3 years, like bills would be next season.

Spikey

Keath looks junk from what I've seen of him. Is it a case of Victoria just giving him a contract to sure up his future in the sport and make sure he doesn't choose football?
he captained their 2nd XI at some time this summer so i dunno know, i guess they just really rate him? the AIS thing is probably a case of that though

toolie

Cricket Spectator
i don't actually know the rookie rules because surprise there's no info about them on the net, but i would have thought a rookie can't be on there for 3 years, like bills would be next season.
The season just gone was Zampa's 3rd year on a rookie.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
he captained their 2nd XI at some time this summer so i dunno know, i guess they just really rate him? the AIS thing is probably a case of that though
Yeah, with the AIS thing he'd have to be getting another contract.

Last ditch effort, although the rumour was going around that he'd pulled out his footy boots a couple of times over the winter.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think that they're hoping that he'll get to be a "lesser" version of Ronnie, being a top 6 batsman and bowling some handy overs.

His batting is at about the same stage of development as Ronnie at the same age, it's just that Ronnie was beginning to get a spot with his bowling, and batting at 8, for the Vics at this stage. Keath's bowling will never be that good.

Never ripped grade cricket apart though.

benchmark00

I think that they're hoping that he'll get to be a "lesser" version of Ronnie, being a top 6 batsman and bowling some handy overs.

His batting is at about the same stage of development as Ronnie at the same age, it's just that Ronnie was beginning to get a spot with his bowling, and batting at 8, for the Vics at this stage. Keath's bowling will never be that good.

Never ripped grade cricket apart though.
Did you see the article about Booma by Hogan?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Did you see the article about Booma by Hogan?
Yeah, he's been improving out of sight each year he's been down here to be honest, when he got picked up by the Renegades at the beginning of last year, everyone was raising eyebrows. But even at the end of last year, people could have understood it; absolutely ripped up trees this year.

We only played him in a T20 this year, and he bowled super tight. Talk him and Ronnie might head to SA.

benchmark00

Yeah, he's been improving out of sight each year he's been down here to be honest, when he got picked up by the Renegades at the beginning of last year, everyone was raising eyebrows. But even at the end of last year, people could have understood it; absolutely ripped up trees this year.

We only played him in a T20 this year, and he bowled super tight. Talk him and Ronnie might head to SA.
Surely Ron won't leave Vic, Booma would leave in a heart beat though.

benchmark00

I watched Booma in a t20 this year and he got torched. Got on the chirp from the fence. Felt like a big man.

He's more talented than his bro though, always has been. Just didnt give a ****.