• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Andre

International Regular
Krejza booted by Tassie. Pretty close to the end of the road for him you'd imagine.

brockley

International Captain
Oops must have posted at the same time:dry:
Will probably head back to Sydney where he will be a heavyweight in grade.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"It was the second consecutive below-par summer for Krejza"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Fawad Ahmed was the only spinner to have any success at Hobart this season (except for Herath getting 5 for in the test) and I think most of his wickets were slogs anyway. Something needs to be done about pitches in the shield, they give the spinners nothing (except for Adelaide and Sydney) and make mediocre fast bowlers look better than they are. No wonder the batting and spin cupboards are empty - the SS is a fast bowlers game. Lyon, Agar and O'keefe are the only decent finger spinners around now anyway, I don't think Krejza was such a bad loss to either Tasmania or Australian cricket in general.

To that person who said Krejza's Nagpur spell was terrible - the highlights seem to show he deserved most of his wickets cos the batsmen were prodding and poking rather than slogging...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
To that person who said Krejza's Nagpur spell was terrible - the highlights seem to show he deserved most of his wickets cos the batsmen were prodding and poking rather than slogging...
There's your problem.

That shows 12 balls out of 449. The remaining 437 conceded 358 runs at 4.91 an over.

toolie

Cricket Spectator
This is what I have heard.

Dawson, Lalor, Cruickshank haven't been offered new contracts. Doran as well but Zampa is said to be heading to SA so he could be brought back on the list.

New contracts are Ben Dwarshius (Sutherland), Jake Doran (Fairfield - Liverpool), Jay Lenton (North Sydney). Rumours Ryan Carters could be moving to NSW as well.

Not everyone has signed as yet though as NSW are supposedly only offering one year contracts to try and improve the work ethic of the squad.

If they don't want Doran could potentially be on the lookout for an interstate spinner.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zampa going to SA would be so so amazing. It'd be a surprise to see Jake Doran given a contract given his age., uber talent and all. I don't they actually plan on him playing next season so...

btw i love that the fate of Nic Bills doesnt even get a mention. laters bud.