Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Picking Hilfenhaus in the ashes squad wouldn"t be the worst selection at all. The last time he played the ashes in England he was by far the best Oz bowler.The condition does suit his bowling.Pattinson Starc Siddle Harris Hilfenhaus ( ofcourse Bird may beat him into the squad).Depends on the number of pacers they decide to take though.Faulkner despite being a very good short form option shouldn"t be anywhere near the test team.Henriques should be ahead of Faulkner as the test all rounder( if an all rounder is needed in England).Smith should have been given a contract on the basis that he will be in the first ashes test, and his improvement in his batting should mean he"ll be in the short formats as well.Khawaja and. Smith should have been given contracts.Nice to see Cummins on that list too, easily the most exciting prospect in Australia since Glenn Mc Grath.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i don't see why Smith will be in the 1st Ashes test. He's a shot sure, but he got picked for India because he can play, he can be dropped from England because he's not as flash against seam
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Philhughesisbes View Post
    Picking Hilfenhaus in the ashes squad wouldn"t be the worst selection at all. The last time he played the ashes in England he was by far the best Oz bowler.The condition does suit his bowling.Pattinson Starc Siddle Harris Hilfenhaus ( ofcourse Bird may beat him into the squad).Depends on the number of pacers they decide to take though.Faulkner despite being a very good short form option shouldn"t be anywhere near the test team.Henriques should be ahead of Faulkner as the test all rounder( if an all rounder is needed in England).Smith should have been given a contract on the basis that he will be in the first ashes test, and his improvement in his batting should mean he"ll be in the short formats as well.Khawaja and. Smith should have been given contracts.Nice to see Cummins on that list too, easily the most exciting prospect in Australia since Glenn Mc Grath.
    It's an ok selection if Bird is unfit and he is nothing more than a backup seamer who doesnt come into consideration except for injuries

If Hilf is preferred over a fit Bird, then it's a joke and England will be pissing themselves

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    So I decided to go: 25x5,24x5-1x5 for the best 25 test players and then times by 3 for ODIs and by 1 for t20 to work out who I expected to make the list of 20.

I had 2 changes to the official list. Out goes Hilfenhaus and Cummins (who finished 21 and 22) and in comes Bird and Smith.
    Lies. Henriques and Smith in, Cummins (22), Hilf (23) didn't make my top 20. Bird was 21st.

Personally think if ODIs are worth 3, T20 1, tests should be rated an 8 or 10.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Does anyone know what n00fer n00fan is talking about??
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Does anyone know what n00fer n00fan is talking about??
    What's he saying, I have him on ignore.

International Vice-Captain
    There is some thoughts Simon Chu may get a NSW contract after a strong season with Stgeorge,thoughts?

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    It's an ok selection if Bird is unfit and he is nothing more than a backup seamer who doesnt come into consideration except for injuries

If Hilf is preferred over a fit Bird, then it's a joke and England will be pissing themselves
    As long as Johnson isn't picked ahead of either you are ok.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    There is some thoughts Simon Chu may get a NSW contract after a strong season with Stgeorge,thoughts?
    flopped in the 2nd XI game he got didn't he? not the best impression...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Dunno if it's just the way it's been written up but the text barely sounds like stuff AB would say.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    There's not much I'd prefer over a fit bird tbh.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Got 700 runs in grade this year.We are lacking depth.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    I'm not convinced he can bat 7 in a Test side though. Averages a touch under 30, which could be worse I guess, but he has yet to register a ton in FC cricket.

Even Moey, Maxwell and Tim Paine had done that.
    In England I can see a situation where Faulkner could be an option to bat at 8 and be the fourth seamer. Might never happen but say if Starc isn't fit and it's a pitch similar to Hobart, he'd be very useful.

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread Information