• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm not convinced he can bat 7 in a Test side though. Averages a touch under 30, which could be worse I guess, but he has yet to register a ton in FC cricket.

Even Moey, Maxwell and Tim Paine had done that.
In England I can see a situation where Faulkner could be an option to bat at 8 and be the fourth seamer. Might never happen but say if Starc isn't fit and it's a pitch similar to Hobart, he'd be very useful.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Another guy in that team looks like he's going to head off to England when he can to be a professional cricketer.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be pointless. Gold Coast people wouldn't want to spend 4 days cooped up in a stadium when Dream World is just down the road ffs.

uvelocity

International Coach
bloody hope so. not as far for coca cola to cart the sand for their beach in the stands either

will also be able to start a chix in the crowd aus v sa thread with some hope of winning

the big bambino

International Captain
Absolutely

Bird missing out, while guys Doherty and Maxwell land a contract, flies in the face of Argus (pun intended)

Argus was a waste of resources

Hildick >>> Invers

Timmy >>>> Mickey
I think most fans can accept the team will do worse before it gets better but can't really see why that should apply to our selectors and coach.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think we've got some rose tinted glasses going with Hilditch there. I mean, while I'll readily concede Invers hasn't been perfect, he didn't pick an 18-man squad for the first home Test just for a publicity stunt.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People are kidding themselves if they think Hilditch's panel did a better job. Absolutely kidding themselves.

adub

International Captain
I think we've got some rose tinted glasses going with Hilditch there. I mean, while I'll readily concede Invers hasn't been perfect, he didn't pick an 18-man squad for the first home Test just for a publicity stunt.
Yeah I don't think Invers is worse than the Happy Hooker, but he's a marginal improvement if any at all.