Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Seems a confused contracted selection. I'd be tearing my hair out if I was an Aussie looking at how the selectors have worked in the last 6 months.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Not as much on the Faulkner dislike as others.

Interesting that he should take over from Henriques so quickly though.
    I'm not convinced he can bat 7 in a Test side though. Averages a touch under 30, which could be worse I guess, but he has yet to register a ton in FC cricket.

Even Moey, Maxwell and Tim Paine had done that.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Seems a confused contracted selection. I'd be tearing my hair out if I was an Aussie looking at how the selectors have worked in the last 6 months.
    We're used to it

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    I'm not convinced he can bat 7 in a Test side though. Averages a touch under 30, which could be worse I guess, but he has yet to register a ton in FC cricket.

Even Moey, Maxwell and Tim Paine had done that.
    I dont have a problem with Faulkner being in the T20 and ODI squads but the way Invers has been gushing, you'd have to assume that he is going to be picked for the Ashes tour as an all-rounder

I'll be generous and say that he is as good with the bat as Starc and he is not considered an all-rounder

His bowling is promising but he will struggle at the top level until he learns to move the ball as back of the hand slower ball bouncers wont get many people out at test level

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    His bowling is promising but he will struggle at the top level until he learns to move the ball as back of the hand slower ball bouncers wont get many people out at test level
    Can see it now been one of those really **** deliveries that KP manages to get out to.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

"George Bailey has been one of our most successful ODI batsmen since he debuted in that format in March 2012. Clint McKay's success as an ODI player was reflected in him being awarded Australia's One Day Player of The Year at the Allan Border Medal.

"The National Selection Panel is very impressed by the manner in which James Faulkner has been performing and developing. He is a very competitive young man who consistently manages to have an impact on games with both bat and ball. Glenn Maxwell is a talented young player who has had opportunity invested in him. He is very aware that he needs to tighten his game and perform with greater impact and consistency."
    I would also much prefer they gave the Test players preference of the shorter stuff that I don't give a **** about. I dont mind Baily as he is seen as a potential test bat but not at the expense of Uzi and Smith. Same with McKay over Bird and Faulkner over Bird and Henriques.

The way Invers gushes over Maxwell and Faulkner I think we can expect both in the Ashes squad. Which just makes me think that they didnt leave the funky squad selections back in India. My biggest concern for the Ashes is the NSP and which project player will get ram rodded into the test team next. Maybe Maxwell and Faulkner to play the first test. Will have to stock up on Rum for that.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    lock me in for 'Muirhead actually being exactly as gun as Berry hopes but playing for Victoria instead anyway and SA getting the 150K fine'
    Will play here eventually (when past it).
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

So I decided to go: 25x5,24x5-1x5 for the best 25 test players and then times by 3 for ODIs and by 1 for t20 to work out who I expected to make the list of 20.

I had 2 changes to the official list. Out goes Hilfenhaus and Cummins (who finished 21 and 22) and in comes Bird and Smith.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Harris, Faulkner and Haddin now appear locks for the Ashes tour

I would be surprised if Bird went - mainly because he's played no cricket since being injured

I think Hilfenhaus will edge out Bird for the final pacers spot

Pattinson, Harris, Starc, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Faulkner
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Good thing that Haddin is going. Just need someone to finish the job with Wade and leave some training balls out or something
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    James Pattinson, the Australia fast bowler, is out of the IPL and may also miss the Champions Trophy that precedes the Ashes after he was compelled to have surgery on what Cricket Australia has described as "a non-cricket related medical condition in his lower abdominal region."
    james pattinson: soft
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Pattinson shouldn't be in the ODI team anyway.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 1m
    .@scgmacgill and @dmartyn30 are working with @bachaji23 before he goes to the Centre of Excellence next month: MacGill to work with Ahmed

oh no

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    james pattinson: soft
    getting the snip imo
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread Information