• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's straight up wrong. No way would teams be playing so many 50 over trial matches as part of their pre-season if it was going to be 45 overs a side.
Yeah this is probably right, but it's still strange that the broadcaster of it would be describing it as a 45 over tournament. Maybe they're thinking of the 45-over format a few years ago.

brockley

International Captain
Robson chosen in England Performance squad,no games for NSW,and Cricket Australia website said no Hogan for WA.So much for the dual passports thingy.

SeamUp

International Coach
Only Cameron, I. Holland & Murihead who are contracted to the Vics are in the first Bushrangers Futures squad to play Queensland on the 30th

Victorian chairman of selectors Andrew Lynch said he was happy with the make-up of the team.

"We've selected a team with an eye to the future," Lynch said.

"We believe that each and every one of the Futures League players has the potential to represent the Bushrangers in at least one format.

"We've also looked at recent performances in Victorian Premier Cricket and have rewarded those who have been consistently making runs."

Victoria will play four Futures League matches this summer, with the clash against Queensland running from Monday, September 30 to Thursday, October 3.

Victorian Futures League squad:

Tom Stray (c) (Ringwood)
Ejaaz Alavi (Fitzroy-Doncaster)
Louis Cameron (Essendon)
Tom Donnell (Dandenong)
Jake Haberfield (Footscray Edgewater)
Ian Holland (Ringwood)
David King (Ringwood)
Dylan Kight (Footscray Edgewater)
Solomon Mire (Essendon)
James Muirhead (St Kilda)
Jake Reed (Geelong)
Dean Russ (Footscray Edgewater)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would have thought some state would pick Haberfield for the OD comp (i assume any team could call him into their squad)

brockley

International Captain
If Elavi does well should be rushed into the Aussie under 19 side,we lack a decent spinner,he is only 17.

Spikey

no i got that on firefox. i assumed it was something in the link but deleting bits off the end of it didnt fix it so whatever

Spikey

Worcestershire v Northants, New Road, 1st day Report : Andrew Hall's five puts Division One in sight | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

There are some clouds on Northamptonshire's horizon, however. It appears they are unable to gain work permits for either Trent Copeland, the Australian seamer who made such an impact this season, or Cameron White, who was so influential in the T20 success. Neither will return in 2014.

obviously we knew Copeland wouldnt be able to come back, but I can't work out why White is eligible now but won't be next season

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
no i got that on firefox. i assumed it was something in the link but deleting bits off the end of it didnt fix it so whatever
Even if you go to the main page and then click on the news items it still does it. Has been happened since mid-last season too; not a new thing.

Spikey

Don't think so. It's one test within the last two years (How Copeland qualified) or 5 tests in 5 years. 5 years is just about up from the time White played his tests, but he only played 4 tests. As far as I know, limited overs cricket doesn't really enter the picture. It might be something to do with CA contract. Someone contact Dobell

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very good side, I'm looking forward to seeing Patterson bat, I hope he isn't 12th man.

The only real weakness if Abbott doesn't play is that the tail is quite weak.

Spikey

i'm surely not the only one who was very afraid of SOK playing and actually performing well in OD cricket on national television right