• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

brockley

International Captain
The ACT Comets have been defeated by 84 runs against a NSW XI at Blacktown today in a one day trial match.

NSW XI 9-226 (J Lenton 52, H Evans 46, D Dawson 34, Ben Oakley 3-42, Blake Dean 2-37) defeated ACT Comets 142 (Blake Dean 58, Beau McClintock 20, L Doran 4-28)

brockley

International Captain
David Hussey, the 36-year-old Australian who announced afterwards this will be his final season in English cricket, was Read's main ally in restoring the Nottinghamshire innings

Hooksey

Banned
David Hussey, the 36-year-old Australian who announced afterwards this will be his final season in English cricket, was Read's main ally in restoring the Nottinghamshire innings
Mr Cricket could probably play until he was 40 if he chose to.

Hooksey

Banned
I'm guessing he will play the role of bench warmer for the duration of the tournament unless he gets a game or three when the Thunder can't make the finals.

Oh and Hooksey that's old news, posted already in here.
Haven't been here for a while mate, but thanks for the heads-up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haven't been here for a while mate, but thanks for the heads-up.
I meant some **** (Spikey) put the link up with the scorecard about 3 posts before yours. All good though, I was just sayin'.

6 days until the season starts, looking forward to see the teams announced, even if its just one dayers. BTW, is there any funky new rules in this years Ryobi or is it the same as International Cricket?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I meant some **** (Spikey) put the link up with the scorecard about 3 posts before yours. All good though, I was just sayin'.

6 days until the season starts, looking forward to see the teams announced, even if its just one dayers. BTW, is there any funky new rules in this years Ryobi or is it the same as International Cricket?
hoping it's play on when you hit the post rather than one point but I think it's gonna be pretty much the same - or are they still doing the 13 over maximum per bowler thing? Great rule that is

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're using three new balls this season.

Two balls for the first 33 overs and then for the remaining 17 overs using the other one.

Teams will react by selecting four openers. Three at the top and using one in the middle to lower order.

benchmark00

David Warner has declared he will not be forking out the extra $5 per week for ball fees and will sit out the season.

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
It worries me when the tv guide description for the first match says this:

Live from Bankstown Oval in the first match of the Ryobi Cup its NSW Blues vs Tasmanian Tigers. Condensed to a 6 match per team, 45 over tournament, the 2013 Ryobi Cup promises to be the most intense Cup to date, putting the states to the test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It worries me when the tv guide description for the first match says this:

Live from Bankstown Oval in the first match of the Ryobi Cup its NSW Blues vs Tasmanian Tigers. Condensed to a 6 match per team, 45 over tournament, the 2013 Ryobi Cup promises to be the most intense Cup to date, putting the states to the test.
It's straight up wrong. No way would teams be playing so many 50 over trial matches as part of their pre-season if it was going to be 45 overs a side.

Spikey

Cutting off 5 overs per innings to make sure Gem's prime-time shows run on time imo

Last edited:

benchmark00

Yeah but Falzon has porked every man who has ever had some form of contract (both written and verbal) to participate in sports.