• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wouldn't the Aussie lot rather their guys were playing some shield cricket in October? I know there's still early November, but...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't the Aussie lot rather their guys were playing some shield cricket in October? I know there's still early November, but...
6 SS matches in the lead-up to the boxing day test, they've timed it well, it means there will be decent form indicators throughout the Ashes tests before the BBL begins.

Next year I hope they swing it around and play the whole SS before Boxing day, then the Ryobi leading up to the WC with the BBL somewhere in the middle.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I have no particular issues with the Ryobi Cup being condensed and played in one region, although it's a little sad it's come to this when I can remember attending a game 10 years ago at the Gabba against NSW with a crowd of over 16,000.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chances are the OD games will be played during a period traditionally not associated with shield games anyway (late september/early october)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They better make a decision soon as to when the fixtures are. Late September is next month, you would think there would be a few logistical issues for the others state teams.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's all I know mate. I'm going to probably go to the first game on the Sunday - the rest of the games being played there are during the week (well one is a Friday). No idea what sort of coverage the games will be getting.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why Warner walked

The reason David Warner walked out of his long-time club Eastern Suburbs? We're told he didn't want to pay annual fees … of just over $500. There has been some political turmoil at the club, with a player-driven ticket, headed by legendary ABC caller Jim Maxwell, taking control at last Sunday's annual general meeting. Ironically, Maxwell's sports broadcasting colleague at Auntie, Easts life member David Morrow, was on the other ticket. Just to make it crystal clear, there is no animosity between the pair over the new direction of the club.

WAG