• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
So Backlash, lets all assume you are 100% correct about CA and it being rubbish and the Australian team sux and doomed for eternity yadda yadda, and I do agree that there has been many questionable decisions, but what do you think CA needs? Like in the past couple of weeks, I haven't seen anything bad happening, we've signed a coach who nearly everyone wants, we've picked a pretty deserving squad for this Ashes and have gotten rid of some deadwood like Doherty and we have named another A Tour vs South Africa and I think Zim where many of our young guns will be playing. Are you sure things aren't changing, if they aren't, what should we ****ing do?
So Cricket Australia hasn’t been completely **** for the last few weeks now because of a few changes and all of a sudden everything is all rosy is it? After years of being **** they maybe getting better that makes it all okay?

It’s a bit late now to be proactive as far as I am concerned.

They should have never completely sold out to T20 (scheduling has hurt the shield too)
They should have never stood by and let domestic cricket decay
They should have never stood by and let the system decay
They should have never stood by and let grassroots decay
They should have never stood by and let the national setup and selection become a debacle as long as they did
They should have never agreed to this back to back Ashes event (especially when the team is in its current shape, oh and agree to the limited overs tour of India in-between)
They should have never agreed to **** the national team over in 2019 for money (it wasn’t good enough England but is for Australia apparently)
They should have made high end people accountable (looking at you Mr Sutherland)

I will admit Cricket Australia is not at fault for all of Australian Cricket’s current failures and doomed future as a sport but their incompetence and complacency as a governing body sure hasn’t help. A sporting governing body is meant to look after the best interests of its sport; Cricket Australia hasn’t done that, all they look after is their own interests.

You may be okay with accepting mediocrity but I sure am not, and Cricket Australia have been nothing but mediocre for a long time now.

They have dragged Cricket through the mud for too long now with their ineptness. The negativity the sport has copped over the last few years has crippled it for years. So many kids are turning away from the sport and who could blame them really. Cricket Australia should cop a lot the blame for this.

Cricket Australia’s failure to get the very best out of the sport for awhile now has destroyed my passion as a Cricket fan. I hardly ever watch Australia play anymore as I get zero enjoyment out of it knowing what has happened. I will never forgive them for that.

Like I said, too little too ****ing late. Too much damage has been done.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Cricket Australia hasn’t been completely **** for the last few weeks now because of a few changes and all of a sudden everything is all rosy is it? After years of being **** they maybe getting better that makes it all okay?

It’s a bit late now to be proactive as far as I am concerned.

They should have never completely sold out to T20 (scheduling has hurt the shield too)
They should have never stood by and let domestic cricket decay
They should have never stood by and let the system decay
They should have never stood by and let grassroots decay
They should have never stood by and let the national setup and selection become a debacle as long as they did
They should have never agreed to this back to back Ashes event (especially when the team is in its current shape, oh and agree to the limited overs tour of India in-between)
They should have never agreed to **** the national team over in 2019 for money (it wasn’t good enough England but is for Australia apparently)
They should have made high end people accountable (looking at you Mr Sutherland)

I will admit Cricket Australia is not at fault for all of Australian Cricket’s current failures and doomed future as a sport but their incompetence and complacency as a governing body sure hasn’t help. A sporting governing body is meant to look after the best interests of its sport; Cricket Australia hasn’t done that, all they look after is their own interests.

You may be okay with accepting mediocrity but I sure am not, and Cricket Australia have been nothing but mediocre for a long time now.

They have dragged Cricket through the mud for too long now with their ineptness. The negativity the sport has copped over the last few years has crippled it for years. So many kids are turning away from the sport and who could blame them really. Cricket Australia should cop a lot the blame for this.

Cricket Australia’s failure to get the very best out of the sport for awhile now has destroyed my passion as a Cricket fan. I hardly ever watch Australia play anymore as I get zero enjoyment out of it knowing what has happened. I will never forgive them for that.

Like I said, too little too ****ing late. Too much damage has been done.
Wow, you completely failed to answer my question. I was asking what should they do now to fix the carnage. All I got from that was to fix the current issues, but how?

Its such a buzz kill just hearing about the issues from the past.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, you completely failed to answer my question. I was asking what should they do now to fix the carnage. All I got from that was to fix the current issues, but how?

Clearly, CA should be held accountable every time they schedule a match where there is some danger of Australia losing, it's just pushing potential fans away...

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain

Honestly, I can't really answer your question, there isn't really any changes that will help at this point. Cricket is to far gone IMO. The damage is too great. I just can't see how it's going to get out of this black hole is currently in to survive in the future. It's pretty terminal at this point. Pretty depressing stuff I know. At least the AFL will get the MCG earlier every year eh. :down:

Clearly, CA should be held accountable every time they schedule a match where there is some danger of Australia losing, it's just pushing potential fans away...
Do you honestly think agreeing to schedule two Ashes series together was a good idea at any point, let alone right now? As for your last bit... umm yes, of course losing two Ashes series together will turn people here off the sport.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
How come people in England still follow the Ashes in spite of losing every time for about 15 years until 05 Backlash? One bad loss is never enough to turn people away forever, not everyone is as cynical and negative as you are. Hell, England fans managed to cope with the whitewash, and then beat us the next time, even if the scheduling was poor (which I don't entirely agree with you on) the result of the two series' isn't the be all end all for young Aussie cricket fans.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
wait when would you have scheduled them for?
I would have let the scheduling stay the same as it was. Crazy I know.

It's pretty amazing that along with setting us up to lose 3 Ashes series in 2 years they also managed to hinder our 2019 World Cup and Ashes campaigns for that year too. Like I said, wasn’t good enough for England but it sure is for Australia apparently! Cricket Australia just seem to find new ways to **** us over again and again.

How come people in England still follow the Ashes in spite of losing every time for about 15 years until 05 Backlash? One bad loss is never enough to turn people away forever, not everyone is as cynical and negative as you are. Hell, England fans managed to cope with the whitewash, and then beat us the next time, even if the scheduling was poor (which I don't entirely agree with you on) the result of the two series' isn't the be all end all for young Aussie cricket fans.
Again we're not England, they're not us! We're talking about different eras of sport and different eras of Cricket. Sport in England is not the same in Australia. Not to mention Cricket has been on the decline for a very long time in England. The sport has seen far better times there.

The performances of the team have been turning people off the sport for awhile now. If I had a dollar every time I've heard someone say they've lost interest in Cricket over the last few years. The public are turned off by the team's performances and they don't like most of the players. This is having a horrible effect on the sport.

Cricket is having all kinds of trouble getting talented young sportsmen to commit to this sport and Australian kids are becoming less and less interested in Cricket. The Ashes has a huge impact and effect on Australian Cricket and when we lose the next 3 in the next two years that will do untold damage on Cricket long term, turning more young Australians away to the likes of Football and Soccer for good. We as a sport are not in the position that we can afford to lose some many from this generation.

There is going to be no where to hide for Cricket over the next 6 months when comes to the press. The sport is going to cop negative press after negative press nonstop over that time, adding to the negativity its already copped over the last 5 years.

brockley

International Captain
Tom Moody @TomMoodyCricket
Alex Doolan & Joe Burns two others waiting in the wings who will feature during the @darren_lehmann reign!