• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
the reality is the OD comp has lost it's worth, and the BBL does just fine throwing up names for OD selection (Voges, NCN, Richardson etc) . so we can either not acknowledge the facts and schedule 10 games a season that really just get in everyone's way, or try to create something new

Ca should probably wait after the WC to make the move though. not like they need to give people anymore free shots at them....
Given the fact that we finished last in our group in the current ODI tournament, has the OD comp really lost its worth? I know what you are saying, but I just don't think 6 games is enough and I can't see why each team couldn't play 10 OD matches in a 3-4 week period. It would be good if Fox (first preference) or 10/One showed the games. Even if 10 just showed a match of the round plus Final it would be something.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind this in terms of having a bloc, but like others have said, the Australian FC system is being compromised to accommodate 20/20 and make money, I'm starting to see what Backlash is always going on about.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
the reality is the OD comp has lost it's worth, and the BBL does just fine throwing up names for OD selection (Voges, NCN, Richardson etc) . so we can either not acknowledge the facts and schedule 10 games a season that really just get in everyone's way, or try to create something new
But what will I do with my hungover Sundays? :(

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Am beyond upset at developments for our domestic cricket. Ryobi cut down to 80's levels (no more home and away for each team), back to just NSw and Vic playing a stack of home games, everyone else gets zip. No tv for Ryobi either, CA should just show it for free, i bet it will just be on their website. Not good enough. Boy oh boy is it sad to see our whole cricket system just deteriorate before my eyes, so fast. There are so many problems, at all levels, its insane. So upsetting.
And Cricket Australia's mission to destroy Cricket in this country continues to roll along nicely.

the big bambino

International Captain
Has anybody asked Ryobi what they think? I presume they have been consulted and are ok with it. You never know with this CA crew though. If a competition has to be truncated to allow for the necessary money grubbing opportunity offered by T20 (I presume thats the reason for the modified format) then better the Ryobi than the Shield. Its not as if we've always had such an extended program of ListA games anyway. The comp probably only grew to fill in the summer. Now that T20 competes for time its natural it gets shorn back to a punchier format.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Noted quitter Ricky Ponting has quit again, wont be playing for tassie/stars etc again it seems

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has anybody asked Ryobi what they think? I presume they have been consulted and are ok with it. You never know with this CA crew though. If a competition has to be truncated to allow for the necessary money grubbing opportunity offered by T20 (I presume thats the reason for the modified format) then better the Ryobi than the Shield. Its not as if we've always had such an extended program of ListA games anyway. The comp probably only grew to fill in the summer. Now that T20 competes for time its natural it gets shorn back to a punchier format.
I tried to explain the situation to them but I just couldn't drill it into their head.

Spikey

just in case you missed that headline: South Australian Michael Klinger could be the answer for Australia in wake of Dave Warner incident

Spikey

i typed Michael Klinger into the ****ty news ltd search and scrolled past the results, down to the filter options
Filter these results by:

Author:

Richard Earle (82)
Steve Larkin (36)
Martin Smith (13)
Tom Biddington (13)
Scott Walsh (11)

Spikey

PEWS, can my custom title be: Klinger, 32, has used a mantra of calculated aggression to reinvent Gloucester this season

brockley

International Captain
Apparently the champions league(cl t20) is inOctober,should put an end to the Ryobi Cup being in October,looks like a September start again.

Riggins

International Captain
dicky earle notorious for just writing articles about his favourite players, particularly ferg.

Last edited: