• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
with only 4 tests it's pretty obvious which ground is the one that should miss out. sorry queenslanders....kinda cant believe Perth wasn't given the first test of the summer ages ago

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Get someone over for another two Tests, or extend the India series to 5, IMO.

I don't see the logic behind a 4 Test summer

Spikey

SA are here before India, but given this is 4 months before the world cup they'd probably rather play the ODers they've got scheduled , which is fair enough. India are in the West Indies beforehand so I don't think we can extend that to 5 tests either

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
World Cup, of course, that explains things.

Seriously I swear it was Ponting raising the '03 World Cup not that long ago, now we're discussing the 2015 edition.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anyone else find it sort of disheartening that the two guys who got big runs in the practice match got them at run a ball?

Make runs my way, or not at all.

uvelocity

International Coach
a little bit. but it was only a 2 day match so you'd not want to bat all day for thirty either would you

Spark

Global Moderator
Get someone over for another two Tests, or extend the India series to 5, IMO.

I don't see the logic behind a 4 Test summer
the world cup takes about three decades to complete so i don't think there's room

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Glad to see the Gabba will miss out, I hate the flat pitch there and the lack of crowds. At least people turn up at Perth and Adelaide while Melbourne and Sydney are the cricket capitals of Australia. They should have organised a top-end tour for bangladesh or something in the winter though, 4 tests is a bit of a disappointment.

brockley

International Captain
Australia A won its game vs Scotland,Siddle and Haddin 100's,Pattinson 7 wkts as Scotland bowled out twice below 150.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very disappointed that the Gabba would miss out on a test. How many summers since the last time the Gabba was excluded from the rotation?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Am beyond upset at developments for our domestic cricket. Ryobi cut down to 80's levels (no more home and away for each team), back to just NSw and Vic playing a stack of home games, everyone else gets zip. No tv for Ryobi either, CA should just show it for free, i bet it will just be on their website. Not good enough. Boy oh boy is it sad to see our whole cricket system just deteriorate before my eyes, so fast. There are so many problems, at all levels, its insane. So upsetting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No TV is very ordinary with a one day World Cup in Australia around the corner. I don't hate the idea of having a designated block, it seems like a good way to start the domestic season (if it was televised).

Also Brockley, just letting you know there is a thread currently in the Ashes section titled Australia A where people are discussing the games which you keep mentioning. :)

Spikey

the reality is the OD comp has lost it's worth, and the BBL does just fine throwing up names for OD selection (Voges, NCN, Richardson etc) . so we can either not acknowledge the facts and schedule 10 games a season that really just get in everyone's way, or try to create something new

Last edited: