• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Andre

International Regular
So is the Australian Open (Tennis) and Channel Seven see that as vitally important in setting their programming agenda for the year.
Yeah that's true. Although I think the last few nights are the first few days of ratings?

Big Bash is a bit earlier than that anyway.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If it is, I think it would be the Men's Final only on the Sunday. And I reckon the BBL will reach into that period anyway, late Jan/early Feb next year.

Won't matter how well they cross-promote if they continue to shove crap down our throats though...

Andre

International Regular
If it is, I think it would be the Men's Final only on the Sunday. And I reckon the BBL will reach into that period anyway, late Jan/early Feb next year.

Won't matter how well they cross-promote if they continue to shove crap down our throats though...
Yeah exactly.

I see what they are doing going so hard for it, I'm just not sold yet that it is as good a product as they think it is. Especially post-Warne, the guy is a publicity machine.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Rumour floating around that Punter will sign with the Stars; basically a replacement for Warne in terms of their marketing strategy I guess?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I hope 9 loses out now, they don't deserve the rights If they simply hoard the big bash but refuse to show any Ryobi cup.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have no idea why they can't just put all the Ryobi games bar maybe the final on GEM.

I hope somehow, Fox retain the rights to all domestic matches.

brockley

International Captain
“The aim is to have Pat available and prepared for Australia A series in South Africa in July-August,” Howard said.
Meanwhile, Cricket Australia's proposal to stage a TV-friendly Ryobi Cup carnival in October could take at least some games to Far North Queensland. It's understood Cairns would be a potential venue if Cricket Australia proceeds with plans for a stand-alone tournament at the start of the season, which would separate the Ryobi Cup from the Sheffield Shield.
Domestic cricket is a flashpoint in the current media rights negotiations, with Cricket Australia launching legal action to test whether Channel Nine's contractual right to match rival offers applies to the Big Bash League.

Read more: Cummins ready to come out swinging

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perfect Ashes opener, but Robson's happy playing in England

Hey Pews:

''The complication is, as he's got a little bit better each year, he'd like to play Sheffield Shield, so we were hoping he could play here as an overseas player,'' Jim Robson said. ''But the rules say … if you're born here you have to play as a local.''
That would explain why NSW couldn't play Jaques as an overseas player then (along with Robson obviously). CA have to change that rule.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, I guess it might have made sense 200000 years ago. But now...it just really doesn't.