• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

brockley

International Captain
XXXX GOLD QUEENSLAND BULLS

Contracted player list 2013-14

Cameron BOYCE

Joe BURNS

Ben CUTTING

Luke FELDMAN

Jason FLOROS

Peter FORREST

Matthew GALE

Cameron GANNON

Chris HARTLEY

Nathan HAURITZ

James HOPES

Alex KEMP

Usman KHAWAJA

Chris LYNN

Alister MCDERMOTT

Greg MOLLER

Michael NESER

Luke POMERSBACH

Nathan REARDON

ROOKIES

Nicholas BUCHANAN

Ben MCDERMOTT

Ronan MCDONALD

James PEIRSON

Nicholas STEVENS

CA Contracted

Ryan HARRIS

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually quite like what I've seen from Smith as a captain. He just needs to continue his technical improvements against fast bowling to cement his spot in the batting lineup.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well he tried at League and failed to keep a contract so I don't really blame him.

Oh and pretty cool that Alice Springs is getting an important match. Can't really imagine the English players will be too pleased.
He requested to be released, to be fair to him.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I can't really blame any broadcaster for dropping the shield final after what happened this year, but the Ryobi cup is the only way I can really get to watch state players (the shield streams are heavy on my internet), so it would be sad to see them go. **** the BBL, I give absolutely no ****s about it, at least they're pushing it back this year so shield games go throughout December.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Calling bull**** that Channel 10 can't find a place to televise the Ryobi Cup on that arse of a TV station that is One.

Shield Final I can understand, although it does suck that it may not be on TV. TBF Tasmania always ends up hosting, and you always get turgid cricket on a road, so yeah.

Riggins

International Captain
why would you want to watch live cricket when you could watch week old baseball games or delayed surfing tournaments?

uvelocity

International Coach
wonder how many people would watch the bbl if they put as much marketing budget into it as they do the shield

brockley

International Captain
Well channel 10 can do cross promotions on the channel all through the day,as well as their digital channels.They could really flood the channel like channel 9 do with the Voice and 10 Masterchef.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems to me even if C10 refused to show the final it would still happen, so it's just whether CA would show it themselves and put a bit of money into it

Andre

International Regular
Well channel 10 can do cross promotions on the channel all through the day,as well as their digital channels.They could really flood the channel like channel 9 do with the Voice and 10 Masterchef.
Only issue is that BBL is in the non-ratings period - never been a huge time for advertisers, so would be hard to get return for a huge outlay.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So is the Australian Open (Tennis) and Channel Seven see that as vitally important in setting their programming agenda for the year.