• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah McDonald is a very good pick up. Hopefully he is prolific at the start of the season so it can shoot him in contention for an Ashes call up.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting no direct replacements for Dawson and Cruickshank in terms of full contracts. A good sign for the likes Carters, Dan Hughes, Patterson and Lenton. A lot pressure on Nevill for one day spot with Carters and Lenton in the squad.

Surprised they did mention the capture of Carters in the whole article.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Interesting to see that Meyrick Buchanan has gotten the chop. Had a long term contract.

May have a crack at footy.

EDIT: actually, Meyrick was released upon his own request. Reckon that makes it more likely.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Guy Walker is an interesting one too. Given a rookie contract already (only U/17), but old man is English and talk that he wants to go over there to play.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how you would feel if your name is Ryan Carters. NSW forgot to mention they signed you (not even in one line) and Victoria say you were delisted.

Reminds me a lot of the time we signed Casson and Hauritz. We made a big deal of signing Casson as this great young spinner. And Hauritz was more of an after thought once he decided to leave Queensland. "Oh yeah Nath we got a spare spot for you." Reckon like that season the big signing will be Carters and Lyon will end up being the decent signing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Jake Haberfield was delisted. Does anyone know if he's gotten any interest from any other state?

I think he's good enough to be playing limited overs matches at state level on a regular basis, I hope someone gives him a chance.