Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Ah yeah, Ringwood got them in that game.

As soon as you said he got smashed, thought "I bet Tommy Stray got him". Yup, 70. McGain referred to him as the best player of spin in the state.

International Vice-Captain
    Victoria are pretty keen on M Stoinis from what i heard,could replace a number of players Hussey,Keith,Hill,think Quiney is safe.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Victoria are pretty keen on M Stoinis from what i heard,could replace a number of players Hussey,Keith,Hill,think Quiney is safe.
    Source ?? Do you make these up sometimes?

Played the last game,impressed selectors with his futures 100 and his quick 50 odd vs English Lions,feedback from the Vic website.The fact he bowls said to be an asset.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan 1m
    Winner of @vicpremcricket Jack Ryder Medal: all-rounder Brenton McDonald (Melb) 37 votes, from Graeme Rummans (StK) on 29. #CVGalaAwards

superhuman rummans robbed imo
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Chandika Hathursainghe new Thunder coach,interested in signing Jaywardne and Muralitharan.
    State contracts to be in May 1st,Big Bash movments can start May 1st.(the West Australian).
    Last edited by brockley; 11-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Sam Robson kept the door open for both England and Australia, who he could potentially represent, after showing the potential that impressed Andrew Strauss while the former England captain was at Middlesex.

Sydney-born Robson, who has an English mother, scored 76 and put on a 106-run opening stand with Chris Rogers. After a middle-order wobble, under-pressure John Simpson then ended his poor run with 77 not out to put the visiting side in a commanding position on a disappointing day for the Nottinghamshire bowlers.

From the Online Telegraph,Robson qualifies in 2014.
    Last edited by brockley; 11-04-2013 at 06:13 PM.

"Analysis conducted at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra found that Gannon bowls with an illegal action for all deliveries, with an average elbow extension of 24 degrees," a CA statement said. "The allowable elbow extension is 15 degrees.

Australia Cricket News: Cameron Gannon's bowling action illegal, CA finds | ESPN Cricinfo

hand back the BBL/OD titles

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    "Analysis conducted at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra found that Gannon bowls with an illegal action for all deliveries, with an average elbow extension of 24 degrees," a CA statement said. "The allowable elbow extension is 15 degrees.

Australia Cricket News: Cameron Gannon's bowling action illegal, CA finds | ESPN Cricinfo

hand back the BBL/OD titles

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Meant he looks like a bit of a chucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Nah I never got that impression watching him on the ground. His arm looked perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Gannon looks terrible from behind the arm, but actually looks OK from side-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah I reckon Gannon is fine. Think it's an illusion because he has a significant wrist cock.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Yeah I'm surprised. Always maintained that it looks horrible but thought it was just his wrist.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Sam Robson kept the door open for both England and Australia, who he could potentially represent, after showing the potential that impressed Andrew Strauss while the former England captain was at Middlesex.

Sydney-born Robson, who has an English mother, scored 76 and put on a 106-run opening stand with Chris Rogers. After a middle-order wobble, under-pressure John Simpson then ended his poor run with 77 not out to put the visiting side in a commanding position on a disappointing day for the Nottinghamshire bowlers.

From the Online Telegraph,Robson qualifies in 2014.
    bit more on cricinfo for you. Nottinghamshire v Middlesex, Trent Bridge, 2nd day Report : Sam Robson leads the way for cosmopolitan Middlesex | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Sounds like he's hedging his bets.

i feel like if he didn't go with NSW last season, when he surely had a contract on offer, he probably never will

Gurinder Sanhu is making real leaps and bounds now, just won the Aussie player of the month (March) ahead of Harris and Hussey. Ashes bolter? Only 19 though, I'd like to see at least another domestic season.

Devestating news for Gannon, he bowled quite well this season, but he benefited significantly from the types of pitches the shield has thrown up last season I feel.

Speaking of Ashes Bolters, the CA process of getting Fawad Ahmed a passport in time for the ashes continues, meanwhile Stuart McGill has called him "an Anil Kumble who really spins the ball" and Damien Martyn* claims Ahmed is the best he's faced since Warne.

McGill had Martyn come and face Ahmed while working with him

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information