• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has a poster on CW ever made you change your mind?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to hate Indian cricket during my initial days here... But, I started appreciating cricket overall after spending some considerable time here in CW..

However, I'm not a huge fan of India cricket now, but i am not a hater these days.. I appreciate the good cricket India plays now & then. I love cricket irrespective of teams these days..
Apart from Indian members, I haven't come across any poster here who says he hates his own cricket team. I am saying this since there are my college friends as well who say they hate Indian cricket team.. I don't understand why this happens..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apart from Indian members, I haven't come across any poster here who says he hates his own cricket team. I am saying this since there are my college friends as well who say they hate Indian cricket team.. I don't understand why this happens..
I believe Raghav has said in the past that he gave up on Indian cricket after a match-fixing incident involving some Indian cricketers.

sobers no:1

Banned
I'd have to agree about Sobers and Gavaskar, two things i definitely changed my mind about.

Sobers no 1 has taught me many things. Bradman is extremely overrated, and there are multiple batsmen far more skilled than he ever was. Also that Kapil Dev was a far better all rounder than Miller.

Nobody has yet to change my mind about Sutcliffe :wub:
:-O

all i said is ,
bradman - arguably greatest batsmn (like grace , sobers , gavaskar, lara..) and 1 of 3 serious contenders for the title of all time greatest cricketer ( other 2 being sobers and grace)

i rate kapil , botham and miller equally ( contenders for 2nd greatest bowling allrounder after procter )
kapil and botham played modern cricket.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Come on here thinking I knew more than anyone else about the history of the game but there are plenty who know more than I do, was very humbling.

Was 100% convinced that Murali was a chucker but not so sure now, thanks to all of the arguments, especially from the younger posters on here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He didn't respond to my request for an article about how Indians feel about the IPL (i.e. ashamed), unfortunately.

Jezroy

State Captain
Am I the only one that kind of likes WindieWeathers?
He used to bug me when I thought that NZ were much better than WI, and he thought the opposite.

But now I don't think they are, so that's okay.

Also, if you just read WW's posts with an "alrighty then" type mentality, you can't help but admire it.

When you consider the NZ fans started a NZ Doom & Gloom thread, shows you the difference in approaches.

Slifer

International Captain
I used to think that sir GArry was the undisputed best AR ever but reading up more on the likes of Imran and to some extent Kallis Im not so convinced his title as greatest AR s unchallenged...Imran Khan really was an outstanding cricketer