• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the best 6 batsman in Australia now?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
People seem to rate Bailey on his 1 day performances which is similar to Invers going on about how great Twatto looked in a couple of 1 day innings. ie worthless.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Forgetting the big man.
Lol.

People seem to rate Bailey on his 1 day performances which is similar to Invers going on about how great Twatto looked in a couple of 1 day innings. ie worthless.
I've rated Bailey for a long time and once he produced good ODI performances it was more of a "see he can handle the big stage". I would have taken him to India for sure and if he did reasonably he would have been captaining that final Test, but now he had a poor end to the Shield season so using Benchys new thing, his stocks have fallen in long form cricket.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
If I was an Australian selector, I would aim for the following team, ideally with a gradual intergration. But after shocking performances recently, I think you can chuck them in straight away.

Shaun Marsh/Ed Cowan
Phil Jacques
Chris Rogers
Usman Khawaja
Michael Clarke
Callum Ferguson

david warner: mark my words, will be a sitting duck in swinging english conditions
Phil hughes: will be bounced out vs england

IN:

WK: Tim Paine, saw him face some of the best swing/reverse swing bowling of recent times vs Pak in England and India in India during 2010- seemed the most comfortable player vs the swing in the entire Aussie line up, was amazed how comfortable he was. Have always thought he was a good player since then.

Nathan Hauritz- unfairly dropped, tidy off spinner, very good batsmen as well- Aussies good do with tail end boost at the moment

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Phil Jaques

• No state contract
  • Not even the best batsman at his club this season in Sydney Grade Cricket
  • Has scored one Sheffield Shield hundred since the 2007-08 season
  • Not even eligible to play for Australia anymore

One of Australia's best six batsmen though, everybody.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Phil Jaques

• No state contract
  • Not even the best batsman at his club this season in Sydney Grade Cricket
  • Has scored one Sheffield Shield hundred since the 2007-08 season
  • Not even eligible to play for Australia anymore

One of Australia's best six batsmen though, everybody.
just goes to show that you guys are really having to scrape the barrel at the moment.

but seriously- the general jist of my point was anyone apart from warner/hughes in the top order- esp in english conditions and vs english attack

Tangles

Not sure we are scraping the barrel yet but there is no one scoring heavily enough to demand inclusion like Hayden or Hussey did. Cosgrove is closest on career stats but his fitness has seemingly put him on a blacklist.

Tangles

Rogers also had good career stats but for him age is a concern. Telling that 2 of our best prospects are a fatty and someone as old as Punter/ Hussey.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Impressive. I thought Cosgrove was closer to Boof levels of fat. That's a seriously big man. How many calories does he have to consume to maintain a physique like that? He surely must burn a few running up and down the cut strip.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
The best 6 bats age notwithstanding would be
Clarke,Warner,Rogers,Hughes,Khawaja and Watson.

However the top 6 which will be selected in England are: Cowan Warner Hughes Clarke Watsson and Smith.My top 6 to face England : Rogers Warner Hughes Clarke Khawaja Watson.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just goes to show that you guys are really having to scrape the barrel at the moment.

but seriously- the general jist of my point was anyone apart from warner/hughes in the top order- esp in english conditions and vs english attack
The jist of your post was:

"I have no idea what the **** I'm talking about"