• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barbados 205/11

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wonder how far Devon Smith is away from his next ill-fated recall. Looks like an insane innings given how the rest of the match went.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Wonder how far Devon Smith is away from his next ill-fated recall. Looks like an insane innings given how the rest of the match went.
I watched the whole thing, it was as much to do with Barbados being lethargic than anything else, they started well and bowled Winwards out for 186, it shouldn't have even been that because Winwards tail wagged for far too long really, then Barbados came to bat and it was just madness, Kirk Edwards lobbed up a short ball to the fielder, Kraigg got foolishly ran out etc, and before you know it they were 35/6, to make matters worse Shilly was just on fire so the tail didn't last long.

The Winwards second innings came and Kirk Edwards the Barbados captain decided to open the bowling with the spinners!!, probably because of Devon Smith's obvious weakness against it but it failed and the ball was useless to the pacer by the time they bowled,

so they set Barbados 422 and it all started very well, but again there was a collapse and only Kraigg could really hold his head up, he got 91 not out and honestly it was like watching a young Shiv, the commentators also mentioned that, he was so calm and didn't look under any pressure despite facing a rampant Shillingford all day.

As for Smith, he's on top of the scoring charts but him getting another chance with WI is very unlikely, Powell has been doing very well and Gayle is a favorite now, so i doubt it's gonna happen, and tbh i hope it doesn't too as he's yesterdays man.