• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Winning Batsmen in Test Cricket

H4G

Banned
It's pretty obvious he's talking about the unfortunately lengthy period over which Australia were consistently the most successful side in the game -
I personally believe that Indian line up in 00s was so good it could crush any bowling attack in the world including that of Australia.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I personally believe that Indian line up in 00s was so good it could crush any bowling attack in the world including that of Australia.
Even if that was true - which it isn't - the Indian bowling was no where near as strong as Australia's, hence they won a smaller percentage of matches.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't bring myself to shatter your fantasy world .................

H4G

Banned
No. It's the judging of a batsman by percentage of wins when he scores a century that makes you a candidate for both categories.
All human beings are different in their thinking & approach regarding certain matters.If you want others to post what you like only then my suggestion is you better leave this forum because online forums are a place where everyone has the right to express their thoughts & opinions freely under some rules specified by administrators.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
All human beings are different in their thinking & approach regarding certain matters.If you want others to post what you like only then my suggestion is you better leave this forum because online forums are a place where everyone has the right to express their thoughts & opinions freely under some rules specified by administrators.
I'm not denying your right to express your opinion. I'm just exercising my right to express the opinion that it's bollox.

By that measure Lara would be among the worst match winning batsmen ever because he had very few tons in matches won by West Indies. That is just not fair. Just because Lara and Tendulkar didn't have Wasim, Waqar and McGrath to dismiss oppositions for low totals and just because they were good enough to score hundreds against Aus and SA (unlike Inzamam who scored a grand total of one ton against Aus and SA combined and beat up crap attacks) it doesn't mean they weren't match winners. Absolutely garbage logic.