• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your spouse's favorite cricketer

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Was having this chat with the better half yesterday night and the conversation turned into cricket. She like many of the million women out there, has passable interest in test cricket. And hates T20s, but can stand ODIs!

But she absolutely adores Stephen Fleming, Adam Gilchrist and Ricky Ponting - Reasons largely ranging from looking manly to cute and cuddly.

I hope CWers aren't a lonely species and am interested in knowing the preferences of your spouses.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why is his name Miss Dhoni?

That is still my gf's only comment to me about a specific cricket player ever.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As I said in the tour thread the other day, I once fell for a girl largely because she liked Shane Watson. Good times.

ajdude

International Coach
my girlfriend liked will sheridan from a distance when we went to etihad stadium but decided he's a prawn when she saw his face

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's still such early days I haven't even broached the subject yet.

Although she did study Sports Science at college, so I have a vague chance she doesn't hate it out of general principle.

But seriously: Ricky Ponting? Bloke has a face like a slapped arse.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jimmy Anderson or Jimmy Franklin, I reckon.

Her favourite used to be Paul Collingwood and before that, Andrew Flintoff.

She has no opinion on Adam Wheater.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's still such early days I haven't even broached the subject yet.

Although she did study Sports Science at college, so I have a vague chance she doesn't hate it out of general principle.

But seriously: Ricky Ponting? Bloke has a face like a slapped arse.
I think for my wife, she likes his lack of pretence. I guess he's a bogan, but he has a few brains. Maybe she's attracted to that type....:dry:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
My gf absolutely hates Ganguly.

It's hilarious. When she watches cricket and anyone gets out or drops a catch, she calls them an idiot.

She's seen Ganguly drop a few catches so he's the biggest idiot of them all, apparently. It also doesn't help that she knows him and knows all about his affairs and opening of restaurants etc.

She like Kumble.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
My wife is a huge Rahul Dravid fan.. and now she has stopped watching cricket because he has retired..