• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like they will only miss one pro40 game. Would probably have rather they missed a championship game given that our season is basically over already in that.

91Jmay

International Coach
Aha some conspiracy theorists on twitter saying that Gilo has picked 1 Warks player and a two Somerset players as they play on that day. No Woakes/Chopra does look a little dodgy. :laugh:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
yes but i bet they were the same people complaining that there were too many warwickshire players in the england odi squad earlier in the summer.

stumpski

International Captain
Not sure what Buttler being in that squad suggests.
haha maybe they're going back to kieswetter for england odi team.
Or Davies?

Why exactly? Is he really likely to do better than Bell has done?
Just not a fan of Cook/Bell/Trott/Root as a top 4 in ODIs I suppose. I think we'll come unstuck with that before long. Trott is out of sorts anyway so it wouldn't do him any harm to be left out of the ODI series - I'd go Cook/Carberry/Bell, though it may be that I'm influenced by seeing Carbs do well every time he's on Sky. As to whether he'll do as well as Bell, we'll never know unless he's given the chance, surely?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Got to fit KP in there somewhere as well I'd have thought. Thing is, while Bell is performing so well, there's no point in trying someone else ahead of him "to give them a chance" - if Bell were averaging mid-30s then you'd have a point.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got to fit KP in there somewhere as well I'd have thought. Thing is, while Bell is performing so well, there's no point in trying someone else ahead of him "to give them a chance" - if Bell were averaging mid-30s then you'd have a point.
I am sure they won't do it but I would quite like to see England give Cook a rest, at least for a few of the ODIs. Captaining back to back ashes is bound to take a lot out of you and we know what he can do as an opener anyway.

stumpski

International Captain
Looked a good shout that.

Around the 5th over I was thinking 170's on here, not sure about that now.

Yeah Ravi owes them a big one.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Now this should be a proper challenge for the Notts lineup. Gotta put Essex as favourites for runs on the board but Notts are the best equipped team in the country to chase down a score like this.

theegyptian

Didn't Jmay say the south group was the weakest group. 3 out of the 4 finalists come from that group.

Shame though Notts went out though, Essex are pretty average and finals day is that less appealing. Notts will be regretting bowling first. Pressure always on chasing second.