• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

stumpski

International Captain
Liam Dawson just beat Bangladesh A.
They came pretty close considering they needed 63 off the last four overs, looks like they just left the charge too late.

Surrey closing in on a win against a Somerset team whose big hitters didn't quite come off tonight.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Church and Johnny Barron are in hysterics on the radio. Always good entertainment the surreycricket on the radio.

stumpski

International Captain
Looked a bit more mature than Trego at the end there tbf. At least more ready to put the nonsense behind him.

Surrey almost made a mess of it, but Solanki got them close enough to ensure against the late clatter of wickets.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Urgh that was horrible. All too predictable form Somerset with the bat. Never really got going to their full potential. Bowling was mostly rubbish. I lost count of the amount of times the Surrey batsman managed to flick boundaries fine of the fine leg fielder.

My pain was enhanced by a gambhiring and obnoxious Slurrey faithful in the stands.

Love that from Roy. Why is he not better? Saw him smash 80 odd in a session a couple of years back and he looked fantastic.
Work ethic is terrible from what I've heard. Friend of mine did work experience at the Oval earlier in the season and when operating the Merlin bowling machine, Roy simply asked for 30mph off spin, which he proceeded to slog to all parts. No wonder his FC average is in the 20's.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
not going well here for durham. way behind the rate and with azharullah and willey still with 5 overs in the tank.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes is a strange one. Could have sworn a few years ago he was seen as a long-form batsman who bowled a bit as well, whilst struggling in the limited overs stuff. Now he's blazing it in the shorter forms but really struggling for runs in the CC, but is a frontline bowler. **** knows what he'll end up as.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, young all-rounders always do that.

He must've declined quite a bit with the bat in the CC. I remember on ICC 2011 he'd go through a FC career averaging close to 60, but is only averaging 35 now. I wouldn't be thinking of him for tests for a while, would much rather have Woakes if we're desperate for a third seamer and lower middle order batter. But he probably deserves a go in the ODI 15 for the Aus games, instead of Woakes ironically, and an extended run in the T20I XI.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes is a strange one. Could have sworn a few years ago he was seen as a long-form batsman who bowled a bit as well, whilst struggling in the limited overs stuff. Now he's blazing it in the shorter forms but really struggling for runs in the CC, but is a frontline bowler. **** knows what he'll end up as.
I have a very simple explanation for that. He's a Kiwi. Its how all our 'all rounders' roll.

stumpski

International Captain
Has there been any indication as to whether England players will be available for their counties on Finals day? Falls in the middle of an eight day gap between the fourth and fifth Tests, and, depending on the results of today's and tomorrow's game, could affect Pietersen, Broad, Swann, Cook and Anderson, for starters. Whether they should play is another matter, of course.