• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or have Glos been racking up huge scores all season? Always seem to have a century or two in their first innings when I look them up.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really pleased to see Carberry sorting out his 4 day form to add to his twenty20 form, has scored so many runs this last month

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sibley was the best batsman in the England under 15 festival a couple of years ago. Will no doubt see him at the next U19 WC.
Seems to have busted his knee. Stretcher on and everything. Talk about a horror show on debut.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Is it just me or have Glos been racking up huge scores all season? Always seem to have a century or two in their first innings when I look them up.
Yes they've done decently. Think Klinger has been a great influence. Scored loads of runs and allowed AGidman to concentrate on his batting by taking over the captaincy.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Seems like Barker has injured himself. Was replaced during an over late yesterday. Hope it's not too serious.

Good to see Tresco returning though. Although he could still do with some runs.

Pothas

Aware I am probably being unfair because I never liked the move but think it is time Hampshire drop Wheater. They went on about how he was not assured a spot when he first joined and he really has not done any better than Bates managed with the bat last season.

grecian

Seems like Barker has injured himself. Was replaced during an over late yesterday. Hope it's not too serious.

Good to see Tresco returning though. Although he could still do with some runs.
Keith Barker removed from the Warwickshire attack for running on the pitch
Apparently.

Oh and no runs for Tresco, all very worrying.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I think Tres is finished tbh. Sad, but he had a great run from his international retirement 6/7 years ago.

grecian

Yeah, I think Tres is finished tbh. Sad, but he had a great run from his international retirement 6/7 years ago.
Yeah, will be really sad, but he keeps picking up these injuries, and it's been a terrible season under the new coach.

Time to move on I think, new captain and get rid of the likes of Kirby too.

grecian

He would be an option as skipper? Alfonso is a bit old now. Hildrith?
Well they could always bring an overseas guy in, like they did with Langer, but can't think of anyone ATM.

Hildy, CK and Trego are the obvious options I'd have thought.

Pothas

Compton? If he does not leave of course, did not actually read that story why would he leave anyway?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Makes the potential departures of Compton and Buttler even more worrying. Could be a major transitional period. There's decent young talent, but they're still just young talent, not proven performers and it'll be a while before they start getting near their potential. I said before this season I thought Somerset had missed out on their chances for silverware in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and thought they'll be off the pace for a two or three years, and it's now looking more and more likely. :(