• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Agree that Compton would be the bigger blow as well. Buttler doesn't keep for Somerset and is a mediocre first class batsman. Great finisher in the shorter formats, but it's not like Somerset don't have others. Will likely miss chunks of the season through England duties as well. There's little substitute for FC runs though. And with Suppiah having retired and Tres on the decline it could end up being a really destructive year for Somerset's top order. Probably need to retain Petersen for next season.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Roy is so **** for someone who seems talented.

No doubt the Napier fanboys will be in full swing tonight. Poor T20 til now and then turns up on sky and takes 2 wickets in first over.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Roy is so **** for someone who seems talented.

No doubt the Napier fanboys will be in full swing tonight. Poor T20 til now and then turns up on sky and takes 2 wickets in first over.
Napier's always struck me as being someone who really ought to have played for England at least in T20s.

And Davies is still my preferred short form batsman/keeper, scores quickly without slogging.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And Davies is still my preferred short form batsman/keeper, scores quickly without slogging.
The issue is, everyone currently out of the side who's pushing for a place in or back in are openers. KP, Davies, Hales, Carberry, even Lumb and Kieswetter. Middle order options are far more sparse. Which is why having a lower order keeper is good for us.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The issue is, everyone currently out of the side who's pushing for a place in or back in are openers. KP, Davies, Hales, Carberry, even Lumb and Kieswetter. Middle order options are far more sparse. Which is why having a lower order keeper is good for us.
Drop Bell
?????
Profit

theegyptian

Re Davies. He's got all the shots - maybe too many. All the talent in the world but too many cameos these days and not enough thinking. If him and Kieswetter could swap it around a little they'd both be world class.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Still really top heavy with or without Bell.

Don't get the disliking of Bell in the ODI side tbh. I was majorly against his recall, but he's done well since.

theegyptian

At half way I'd imagine both teams happy here. Surrey are through almost certainly because Middlesex won't overtake they're nrr now. And Essex have two shots at going through. Chase the runs down. Say 55%. Or Middlesex don't Say 65%. So say 15.7% chance Essex go out.

91Jmay

International Coach
If you have a bit of ability it is quite easy to look good opening in T20 though isn't it. Hard ball and barely any fielders on the fence, we do have plenty of good options for opening there though. Bell shouldn't open in ODI's, we need someone who can belt boundaries. Carberry/Davies would be my choice because they can build an innings as well. Our middle order is certainly an issue, Buttler and Bopara are probably locks but I am convinced by neither and Morgan's recent form is very worrying. Pietersen is the X-factor.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Middlesex have got a pretty strong batting line up today. Don't agree with Rossington at three though, Voges and Morgan at five and six is a waste.

The 'orrible Essex are in trouble though. Would be quite funny if they went out.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And now they've lost a big hitting lower order batsman for a duck. Don't get the thinking from Middlesex there tbh.