• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ross Whiteley moving to Worcestershire with immediate effect. Kinda out of the blue. According to the Derbyshire website Whiteley wanted to play grade cricket in australia the winter as he has the past couple of years but derbyshire wanted him to stay back in the uk. He's done well in grade cricket but was pretty terrible for Derbyshire this season before getting injured.

Ross Whiteley leaves Derbyshire to join Worcestershire

91Jmay

International Coach
Shiv Thakor showing off his talent again in a dismal Foxes performance. Not totally convinced he is suited to T20 but First class and 40 over cricket I can see him having a big year in next year.

theegyptian

Stokes with another decent knock. Bit too late for the test team this summer but I'd bet on ODI and T20 selection later in the summer. Hopefully getting back to some of the form he had before he broke his finger in 2011 when he seemed to pulverise the occasional quality attack and was putting the spinner out of the ground regularly.

T20 just starting to hot up. All the groups still interesting with plenty to play for.

theegyptian

Anyone up for some kind of current county cricket draft? I was thinking 6 or 8 people forming squads based on a normal county season(i.e 4day, 40 over and 20 over) - but we say there is no international cricket. Maybe squads of 16 or 18 of English qualified(non overseas qualified) + 2 overseas players to be selected last.

Know the ashes is on but can't stand that forum with all the trash talking/

King Pietersen

International Captain
Jordan must be bowling some serious pies. Weird because he's been in such good form all season.
Seems to be happening again. Jordan going at well over 5 an over against the Aussies. Did appear to have Hughes edge behind only to have it dropped though.

theegyptian

Seems to be happening again. Jordan going at well over 5 an over against the Aussies. Did appear to have Hughes edge behind only to have it dropped though.
Yes I guess it was natural it was going to happen at some point. You can't go from being inconsistent and a bit rubbish at Surrey to turning into a consistent beast overnight. Be glad that England selectors don't make kneejerk reactions on half a season any longer, unlike us fans. Need a couple of years of consistent cricket before being thought of as a genuine contender, not that he's is lacking in talent.

Good to see Monty getting a long bowl.

My feelings on Monty v Kerrigan are that although Kerrigan is the better attacking bowler the combination of Monty and Swann works better than Kerrigan and Swann. Panesar and Swann works well because Monty can bowl a lot of first innings overs economically even when it is reasonably flat. I'd be worried if Kerrigan played that on the flat wickets they'd be a bit expensive and the seamers would be pushed too hard in the first innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha I thought exactly the same when I turned on the TV.

Couplr of huge hits from the man in your sig as well.

theegyptian

Azharullah showed earlier that Pakistan probably have 20 or so better one day bowlers than some of the chumps that play for England.
He's been absolutely crushing the t20 as well. 23 wickets @ 10.21. Arafat 2nd in the wickettakers

Shame Azharullah can't play for England with stats like that. I think he's married to a English lady and has played league cricket over here for a few years but I don't think he's been a British national for long so he probably still has 7 years(if my understanding of the ecb rules is correct) to serve before he can become available for England which is a shame.

His low arm skiddy full deliveries could be very useful in T20 cricket. Just bowls full and straight tailing the ball into the right hander. Fielding is a bit dodgy though.

Only on a one year deal at Northants so some other clubs might be sniffing around although Northants are having a good season so if they've got the finances don't see him moving elsewhere.

Couple of good games tonight. Surrey and Hampshire just getting over the line.

91Jmay

International Coach
Had a brilliant evening at Edgbaston today. Good sized crowd (guess would be 12000-15000) saw some good cricket. Varun Chopra is a big talent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He's been absolutely crushing the t20 as well. 23 wickets @ 10.21. Arafat 2nd in the wickettakers

Shame Azharullah can't play for England with stats like that. I think he's married to a English lady and has played league cricket over here for a few years but I don't think he's been a British national for long so he probably still has 7 years(if my understanding of the ecb rules is correct) to serve before he can become available for England which is a shame.

His low arm skiddy full deliveries could be very useful in T20 cricket. Just bowls full and straight tailing the ball into the right hander. Fielding is a bit dodgy though.

Only on a one year deal at Northants so some other clubs might be sniffing around although Northants are having a good season so if they've got the finances don't see him moving elsewhere.

Couple of good games tonight. Surrey and Hampshire just getting over the line.
Yeah, played in the Huddersfield league last year. Scared the **** out of some fellas there, a lot of broken bones facing him from all reports.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Feel for Kieswetter a bit. Hasn't had the greatest time on Sky since he was dropped by England. Buttler's due a Sky fifty as well.

Trego brings up his century with a glorious cover drive.