Cricket Player Manager
Page 68 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2713
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Just got in to see Essex scoring an outrageous amount of runs again, looking forward to this chase
    Nothing much to see here unfortunately. Given that all the veterans are playing I wonder what the average age of the Surrey team is - can't be much under 35. I was looking forward to seeing Ponting, but I missed his innings letting the cat out. Not sure what Wilson and Mahmood are trying to do here - bat out time I suppose. Required rate well into double figures with half the innings remaining.

What the hell is going on!

Was about to stop watching for a good few overs before that.

Insanely good OD bowling from Napes. Castles Punter (full pint middle stump, to come over all Bumble) and takes a double hat-trick.

The sound of my knee jerking is probably audible in Essex, but England's limited overs bowling might benefit from a bloke who can bowl inswinging yorkers at 85mph+.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

7/32. Crazy man.

A few blokes on Twitter were saying the speed gun tonight must have been turned down when they saw Meaker in the low 80s and Masters in the low 70s but I think Napier put pay to that.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Its actually kinda disgusting that Napes has never played LO for England. True legend of the game
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Its actually kinda disgusting that Napes has never played LO for England. True legend of the game
    Absolutely, I would have thought his best chance to play international cricket would have come around 2008, when he smashed his 150 against Sussex I think, and was bowling sharply, he should have at the very least been given a run in the T20 side.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Immense man love for Graham Napier coming from me at the moment. Aawwwwww, yeah!!!
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Spectator
    How to save county cricket hey folks, here's a rather clumsily written chunk of prose on how we could improve the county game. Would really appreciate it if you could take a look and comment, be it negative or positive. Cheers.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    From his wiki description "Graham Richard Napier is an English cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast bowler, and is capable of bowling 90+mph"

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Well that seems somewhat hyperbolic; I mean - he's quick, but not that quick, surely?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Well that seems somewhat hyperbolic; I mean - he's quick, but not that quick, surely?
    Probably a troll? I remember seeing a cricketer's Wiki that says he's a professional hero recently.

Nah it's not a troll; just a slight exaggeration really. He's a high 80s bowler at top speed.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    A couple of years back Napier was bowling at over 90mph consistently, I saw him hit 95mph on a couple of occasions. He's deceptively quick. He's not particularly tall for a quick bowler, but his action is incredibly good. Bout time he started putting it together with the ball again. It was always his batting which got him attention, but for me, it's his bowling that's his best asset. Just a shame he couldn't have bowled a spell like this 3 or 4 seasons ago, as he'd have been picked by England. 2008, 2009 and 2010 he had 3 very good years, performing well for Essex, and in New Zealand with the ball.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Thread Information