• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
..... and 72 to win - need to get without losing a wicket to keep the pitch inspectors at bay - I'd promote Katman and Prince to open if I were Chappy

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
BBC Radio Northampton's Chris Egerton at Old Trafford

David Smith's comments on the Old Trafford pitch have livened things up off the field while his players battle on against the odds. The Northants chief executive told BBC Radio Northampton "the pitch looked underprepared and the scorecard supports this view". But ECB pitch inspector Jack Birkenshaw has confirmed he will take no action over the pitch, saying consistent bowling and poor batting has contributed to the state of the match, which could well be completed inside two days.
BBC Sport site looks like you Lankys are in the clear.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My god! A fat bloke's eaten Samit Patel!! :-O

Sammy and the pies have clearly had a very affectionate relationship since he was dropped from the test and ODI sides.

Meanwhile: shut up Allott.

"I don't know what James Taylor did wrong to get dropped from the test side"

Apart from scoring about half a run and looking likely to nick anything outside off because he's always trying to turn things to the on-side, no. Nothing.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My god! A fat bloke's eaten Samit Patel!! :-O

Sammy and the pies have clearly had a very affectionate relationship since he was dropped from the test and ODI sides.

Apart from scoring about half a run and looking likely to nick anything outside off because he's always trying to turn things to the on-side, no. Nothing.
Certainly explains why he's been almost totally discarded by england, because his form is pretty good.

I think I'm going to start a porker discrimination society in cricket. Patel, Cosgrove, Ryder, Powar, decent side they could put out I reckon. Wouldn't like to be paying the lunch bill though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

I hate when commentators question why a player lost his place but still drool over their replacements, in this case, Joe Root.

Seriously, seems everyone's the next England superstar when Sky show county cricket. They can only pick 11 you know!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Televised runs/wickets count double: fact.

Back in the day quite a few unworthies made winter tours solely on the back of a decent performance in Lords finals.

Meanwhile, Beer getting some gorge drift. I'd love England to finally have a proper leggie.