• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
lol 20 all out. Is this representative of the standard of county cricket these days?
That logic doesn't really work I'm afraid. But don't worry, I'm sure you can think up another inflammatory troll post that contributes nothing to the thread. You do seem rather good at it.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be severely pissed off if we let Warwickshire's plodders get them over the line. Absolutely stupid to bowl Smith as many overs as that, particularly against new batsmen.

Woodster

International Captain
Still smarting from Essex's dismal effort yesterday. I mean it's really not easy only getting 20!!You'd have thought a few snicks down to third man would have ensured we get upto 50 ish. Instead we kept walking across the stuimps and getting trapped right in front. Afterwards coach Paul Grayson understandably pretty speechless and be interesting to see what comes of that in the following days. However, one thing he did say was a general inability for our batsmen to bat long periods, in this era of T20. So with RTD and Shah returning from the IPL presumably still in a T20 mindset, though they both should be experienced enough to know how to build a four-day format innings, and a few younger players in there such as Westley and Mickleburgh, maybe the signing of Hamish Rutherford as overseas player was not the most pragmatic. I think he looks a decent enough player and obviously signing a Test player is not to be sniffed at, but he does seem to take his chances at the top of the order, when maybe a more solid and reliable option was what was needed. I'm not saying these type of batsmen grow on trees these days, but if we are focusing on four-day cricket, would someone like Dean Brownlie not have been a better option ? I don't know about certain players availability but I'll have a think of alternative players that could have come in to play that kind of role.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Samit with a ton. Essex with another poor defeat.

Gloucestershire look set for victory. Just quietly Glos are forming a decent looking 40 over/20 over batting lineup. Dent is coming along really well. Marshall and Gidman solid professionals. Klinger a good OD player. Howell and ****bain are decent hitters. Bowling isn't great but still reasons for positivety. Competing with Somerset and Leicestershire in the CB40 group.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sigh. Worst moment in Essex's cricketing history by a long way. Letting Wheater go, signing Saj Mahmood, signing weary journeymen and young also-rans. It all culminates in risible failure. I am apoplectic with rage.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surrey continue to act like some kind of oil funded football club, have sacked Chirs Adams.
The timing is odd, that's for sure. There's lots to criticise about the signing of too many old lags, but simply keeping them in D1 of the CC last summer was an achievement given the traumatising loss of Tom Maynard 12 months ago. I think some people have forgotten what an absolute mess he inherited four years ago.