• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Particularly pleased to see him get some wickets - well worth a call in a dead rubber against a minnow imo - the Oval later this summer perhaps?
Was thinking he might be a shout for the winter one day stuff if they want to give Swann a break, Tredders as first choice and Adil maybe as the back up.

As for the essex score, WOW. Well done Lancs.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Only Way Is Out, was the 5live take on it, as much as I despise any mention of those orange muppets, it made me chuckle a little.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Was thinking he might be a shout for the winter one day stuff if they want to give Swann a break, Tredders as first choice and Adil maybe as the back up.

As for the essex score, WOW. Well done Lancs.
I dunno about that. This was a player who couldn't even make the Yorkshire side at the start of the season and was talking about leaving. As impressive as his form has been with the bat your talking about giving him the spot as a second spinner. He hasn't done much with the ball to warrant selection especially in ODI cricket. He'd likely get smashed and barracked or not play and lose his confidence either way.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno about that. This was a player who couldn't even make the Yorkshire side at the start of the season and was talking about leaving. As impressive as his form has been with the bat your talking about giving him the spot as a second spinner. He hasn't done much with the ball to warrant selection especially in ODI cricket. He'd likely get smashed and barracked or not play and lose his confidence either way.
He's not a one-day player at all, IMHO. Goes for far too many runs, and hasn't really shown anything batting-wise. His England role if he's ever going to have another one, is as number 6 in Tests, who will bowl when conditions suit. Mind you FJ is probably right they'll play him in the game he's not suited to, then discard him. Many others I'd rather have in this role in limited cricket.

Last edited: