• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I got this as the main picture on my Cricinfo homepage

151317.5.jpg

With the caption: Manoj Tiwary's 93 dug India A out of a hole on day one of the game against England XI in Mumbai

It also keeps telling me Compton is on 30.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glad it not just me then.

Welcome to your relegation battle Mr Ponting. 585-6 Warwickshire, Barker has a ton

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Dernbach's figures today - 17-3-44-3, not bad in the context of what Warks have done. Looks like they're intent on 600.

Quite a few 400+ totals around today, must be the weather.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has Borthwick been bowling much? Not really seen any Durham scorecards this season.
Nah he hasn't really, although that was the case with a lot of the spinners playing early in the season. He's picked up wickets whenever he's been given a decent bowl though, including a six wicket haul IIRC, and he's been batting three.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Nah he hasn't really, although that was the case with a lot of the spinners playing early in the season. He's picked up wickets whenever he's been given a decent bowl though, including a six wicket haul IIRC, and he's been batting three.
Ooh, nice stuff.

Compton still going well.

flibbertyjibber

Ball back in the selectors court now then as to the ashes. Compton has done what he needed to do but is his inept display in the NZ series going to cost him?

greg

International Debutant
Ball back in the selectors court now then as to the ashes. Compton has done what he needed to do but is his inept display in the NZ series going to cost him?
I think they'll be really keen to keep Compton in. Firstly dropping people after a couple of poor performances is not generally the way they like to do things these days. Whatever the Yorkshire mafia in the media do to pile the pressure on.

The other factor is the disruption it would cause, especially since the ultimate state of Pietersen's fitness still isn't settled. Having Root jump up and down the order dependent on Pietersen isn't very satisfactory, and if they make the decision to install Root as opener regardless then it leaves the problem of identifying another middle order player to cover.

So i imagine a preferred option, from a stability perspective, if dropping Compton would be to find another opener - but that undermines one of the main drivers behind getting rid of him ie. getting Bairstow into the team.

I think a lot of his trouble against New Zealand was effectively self-inflicted - ie. letting the pressure of Root's runs get to him. He needs some confidence, some runs under his belt, and some reassurance about his place in the team.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Worcestershire pretty pitiful Moeen aside. Northamptonshire are gonna have a big lead in the 2nd division going into the 2nd half of the season but no Copeland for the second half of the season to bowl half the overs. They collapsed two seasons ago having dominated the first 3/4 of the season, must be a chance they do that this year. I guess you need a couple of other strong teams to go on a big run as well- Hampshire and Lancashire haven't exactly convinced so far.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Surely they can sign Copeland for the rest of the season? It's not like he has international or other domestic commitments for the rest of the season.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely they can sign Copeland for the rest of the season? It's not like he has international or other domestic commitments for the rest of the season.
Not sure whether Cricket Australia will want him playing the full season, but would seem a good thing for when their bowlers collapse in an injury befuddled heap.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's a long way off Australia cricket at the moment though, no? Doesn't have a contract and last played nearly two years ago.

flibbertyjibber

Compo still going 165* now, can only be a good thing regardless of what the selectors do as it is another in form option. Think now he has some runs this has secured his ashes place but he needs some runs in a test.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yorkshire CCC ‏@Yorkshireccc 1m

York's Matthew Fisher, aged 15 yrs 212 days on Sunday, has been named in Yorks' squad for YB40 game v Leics on Sunday.

Yorkshire CCC ‏@Yorkshireccc 1m

If he plays, he will become the youngest post-War cricketer to play in one of England's county competitions

Got 6 wickets in an innings for the 2nd team this past week iirc.