• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

stumpski

International Captain
In today's Sky match, a bunch of clueless, out-of-their depth, relegation-bound numpties are playing Derbyshire. :D Anyone in the area know whether there's any chance of a start on time - or at all?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit annoying that with a day lost there won't be any chance of a result. Just get 400 and then try and get the bowling points.

stumpski

International Captain
Possible start at 7.45 in tonight's game, unless the rain returns of course. 19 overs a side.

Good interview with Ponting earlier. Anyone know if he's skipper tonight, or just in the T20? It can't be easy to captain a side you've never played for. I wonder how long he's had to meet the players and, more importantly, find out what they can all do.

stumpski

International Captain
50 (21) and out for Davies. Good knock but the crowd (? - 300, if that) have come, or maybe some of them have come, to see Ponting.

So of course it's Azhar at 3. Another one straight from the IPL. 220 on the cards here I'd have thought.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Rashid being our best batsman is a thing now.

Got his batting average up into the high 30s as well.
Unbelievable isn't it. Closing in on a 3rd ton in a row and 500 runs for the season.

He'd be a certainty for international cricket this summer if he was an Aussie.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Lanky recovering thanks to Katman and Croft, but I have to say that Gloucestershire look to have just about the most undistinguished team I have ever seen turn out for a first class county
2 b fair we do have injuries to a lot of our bowlers. W Gidman, Fuller, Payne,Saxelby, Taylor would probably be the top 5 bowlers we put out if all are fit and none were fit enough(or in taylor's case banned) to play this game.

Take 5 (or 7 as Young won;t bowl again in this match and Muchall is on the long term injury list) of your bowlers out of the equation and no team in county cricket is left with much.

But granted no-one but the most stringent of county followers or gloucestershire fans is gonna know a load about our bottom 5

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 b fair we do have injuries to a lot of our bowlers. W Gidman, Fuller, Payne,Saxelby, Taylor would probably be the top 5 bowlers we put out if all are fit and none were fit enough(or in taylor's case banned) to play this game.

Take 5 (or 7 as Young won;t bowl again in this match and Muchall is on the long term injury list) of your bowlers out of the equation and no team in county cricket is left with much.

But granted no-one but the most stringent of county followers or gloucestershire fans is gonna know a load about our bottom 5
In that case I'm just glad you didn't have your first choice attack playing