Page 47 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Good to see Buttler's hit the ground running this season in time for the CL
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Can someone explain to me why Durham have 2.75 points in the CB40?

I'm quietly confident that Somerset may nick this.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Durham have 2.75 points in the CB40?
    Got point penalties in all 3 competitions for breaching the salary cap last season.

Have pretty much thrown away their advantage today against Slurry.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    There are times I get frustrated with taking up my whole Saturday playing 100 overs of cricket in the cold, not bowling and scoring 5.

When Somerset pile on 338-5 in 40 overs is one of those times. Hoping a torrent can save the day.

Anyway, Buttler really is incredible. Hope the media don't hype him up too much before the CT though. Boy's still in his early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    There are times I get frustrated with taking up my whole Saturday playing 100 overs of cricket in the cold, not bowling and scoring 5.

When Somerset pile on 338-5 in 40 overs is one of those times. Hoping a torrent can save the day.

Anyway, Buttler really is incredible. Hope the media don't hype him up too much before the CT though. Boy's still in his early days.
    Ha, Willis was in his 'this boy has to be playing test cricket for england in a couple of years' and 'he needs to bat 3 or 4 in all formats of the game' form for somerset.

but still he is incredible and played some amazing shots. It reminded me a little of a good pro smashing around a village attack on the village green- just too easy for the most part.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    To be fair to RGDW I've been banging the "Jos 4 tests" gong for some time.

What's easy to ignore amidst all the funky scoops and ramps and such is that he plays straight and has a very solid basic technique. Taylor, who people talked up as a possible for the first NZ test, has far more glaring flaws in his basic MO.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Taylor hasn't really done much better than Joss is the first division anyway - talk of him dominating the counties like Compton started to do is a bit of a red herring.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Only reason I mentioned Taylor as a possible was because he scored a ton and a 90 back to back and Bairstow hadn't scored any runs. The big ton last week ended that discussion.

Yeah I'm not especially referring to you, I just think it's a common misconception.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Repeat of Jos's masterclass on SS3 right now to cover the rain break if anyone's interested...

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Yep, enjoyed watching that again.

Doesn't look as if they're going to get back on judging from the puddles forming on the covers. I imagine the scene at Leicester must be quite similar, only about 40 miles away isn't it?

We haven't had a drop here since well before dawn. Surrey could do with some rain though as they subside at the Oval.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Yep, enjoyed watching that again.

Doesn't look as if they're going to get back on judging from the puddles forming on the covers. I imagine the scene at Leicester must be quite similar, only about 40 miles away isn't it?

We haven't had a drop here since well before dawn. Surrey could do with some rain though as they subside at the Oval.

Only day 3 so still their best chance is to score some runs, and work at that brittle Durham batting line-up.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Repeat of Jos's masterclass on SS3 right now to cover the rain break if anyone's interested...
    Oh FFS.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    That really was a fantastically innovative innings symptomatic of Buttler and the very modern day batsman. The Yorkshire bowlers will be disappointed by their execution of their deliveries on occasions, especially early on, but there's very little a team can do when Buttler displays such a range of strokes.

I wouldn't necessary share Bob Willis's view of getting him into the Test side asap, but he really is a very very special talent who should certainly be given his chance to be an integral part of the ODI and T20 side and I don't think it's essential in his case to score quite as heavily as Compton has had to to get into the Test side such is his breath taking potential. We have however been here with a similarly innovative player in Eoin Morgan, whose Test chance may come again soon, but for all his mouthwatering skills in the shorter forms, hasn't quite cracked it in the Tests just yet.

Where Buttler should bat is also an interesting point. Willis wants him much higher, Somerset and Buttler seem content with him coming in at 6ish and finishing the innings, hard to disagree after yesterday. Personally I don't see him batting too much higher than that as his development continues, perhaps coming in at five may suit equally, even if three early wickets are lost.

From what I've seen he is certainly a precious talent who should go a very long way.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Thread Information