• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

stumpski

International Captain
Run rate has only just dropped below 10, in the 22nd over. Amid all the carnage Suppiah has somehow bowled five overs for 21.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Like the look of the Middlesex 40 over team today. 3 good seamers in TRJ, Harris and Murtagh. Good batting lineup with depth. Morgan back today in the middle order. Stirling actually opening(there is no way he should bat 3 as he does for middlesex in this format imo). Rossington hasn't done much in the first team as of yet but he is a powerful hitter and could be a very good player. Could do with a frontline spinner rather than the allround options of Stirling and Raynor. Ravi Patel is meant to be a good prospect but he's had a serious wrist injury so they're stuck with Stirling, Raynor, and Smith for the forseeable future.

Of course Morgan won't be there for long and the seamers will get rested and rotated especially as they are competing for the county championship so they won't get anywhere near winning the tournament.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stirling's bowling has really improved in the last 12 months or so. He's still definitely a batting allrounder (at best) but he used to be more of a right-arm Yardy than anything and he now bowls genuine off breaks that actually turn. He's got a lovely side on action as well.

He got a CC game as a bowling allrounder a few weeks ago which really surprised me before I saw his improved bowling style on TV but he got dropped after a poor return with the bat; I'd be looking at exploring that further tbh.

theegyptian

Somerset massively struggling now.

Craig Overton who has been absent for a while with no word from Somerset has a stress fracture of the back and is meant to be out for the rest of the season. Thomas has a hamstring injury. Buttler is now away with England and Kieswetter is still out with his broken finger. Barrow is gonna have to keep wicket. Gregory has a bowling injury which means he'll play as a batsman tomorrow if selected. Elgar makes his debut coming in for Peterson. Good chance for Yorkshire again tomorrow but they aren't without their injuries.

Somerset CCC's problems worsen as Craig Overton is ruled out for the season and Alfonso Thomas injures hamstring | Bristol Post

stumpski

International Captain
Kent making light of what could have been a tricky chase of 250 against the Dutch - 100 for Key.

stumpski

International Captain
Would be quite funny for Leics to lose to the Unicorns after that epic win over Somerset - shouldn't happen, but they may need another hundred from Cobb.

theegyptian

George Dobell ‏@GeorgeDobell1 3m

Glenn Querl (Hants) and Jack Taylor (Glos) suspended from bowling by ECB with suspect actions.

Querl and Taylor suspended from bowling | England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) - The Official Website of the ECB

ugh. Gutted for Jack. Don't know him personally but comes from near where I live and my brother played junior cricket against him. Long way back for him. Can;t say his action hasn't looked decidedly dodgy though. Blow for gloucestershire also as we're gonna have to rely on Ed Young as are one spinner who is no more than a poor Samit Patel.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
George Dobell ‏@GeorgeDobell1 3m

Glenn Querl (Hants) and Jack Taylor (Glos) suspended from bowling by ECB with suspect actions.

Querl and Taylor suspended from bowling | England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) - The Official Website of the ECB

ugh. Gutted for Jack. Don't know him personally but comes from near where I live and my brother played junior cricket against him. Long way back for him. Can;t say his action hasn't looked decidedly dodgy though. Blow for gloucestershire also as we're gonna have to rely on Ed Young as are one spinner who is no more than a poor Samit Patel.
Didn't realise you were from round Oxford way.

Not really a surprise, though, given how it looked on Sky last summer. I'm glad that someone is standing up for straight arms.

theegyptian

Surrey bringing out the big guns. Ponting and Azhar Mahmood included in their yb40 squad for tomorrrow.

stumpski

International Captain
I didn't know that Mahmood had come back to Surrey, but at 38 I suppose he's in the right age bracket. :dry:

I see he was signed for the Twenty20, but as an England-qualified player there's nothing to stop him playing in the YB40 as well.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lanky recovering thanks to Katman and Croft, but I have to say that Gloucestershire look to have just about the most undistinguished team I have ever seen turn out for a first class county