• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
JOverton with the first 5fer of his career. Surrey already in trouble against Notts. Roy is just a poor opener in fc cricket. You'd think they'd swap Roy and Harinath at least.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf, Dernbach, Linley and Meaker is a very good County attack. Obviously not in Tremlett's class when at the peak of his powers but if he's sending stuff down at 80% then it's fair enough. It's not like they're picking Paul Franks ahead of him.

Somerset (Y) Good to see Gregory bowling well.
Slurry's bowling is nothing special really. They match up a bit better against lower quality batting, guys who can't handle a bit of pace. Against good batting line-ups they're average.

theegyptian

Somerset in trouble here. Let Middlesex get 350 and then lose two best batsmen in a team already one batsman short.

theegyptian

And Buttler is doomed to fail with Sky focusing on the test :ph34r:
Buttler still batting at 6. Behind Gregory. Bit of a middle finger to Willis and all those who want him to bat higher when he is behind an allrounder who averages less than 12 in fc cricket.

Footitt is great. Erratic, expensive but a wickettaker.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buttler still batting at 6. Behind Gregory. Bit of a middle finger to Willis and all those who want him to bat higher when he is behind an allrounder who averages less than 12 in fc cricket.

Footitt is great. Erratic, expensive but a wickettaker.
Well, Gregory is meant to be a much better batsman than that, despite little evidence to the contrary.

Somerset for relegation this year, just not happening at all. Joverton is good though:unsure:

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Another partnership between Ballance and Rashid to forge a lead. Perhaps it's best to keep Ballance where he is after all.

stumpski

International Captain
Surrey eight down now, can't leave it to Batty and Wilson every time. Worst thing is they're making Patel look like Bishen Bedi. :@

I see Kent got home last night having been 35-5 when I made my prediction of doom. Match finished shortly before 11 pm which is ridiculous, especially mid-week. It was too late for me and I was watching at home!

theegyptian

Nice stuff by Somerset. They're just short of batsmen in general. Compton and Kieswetter will return in less than a month but Peterson and Buttler are both playing in the CT.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ballance could realistically bat as high up as 3 he'd probably still make the runs.
Well he was a youth opener and he always opened in Zimbabwe domestic cricket as well, even after he entrenched himself in the Yorkshire middle order, so I don't think batting higher up would really hurt him at all. I think he bats where he does more because of the unsuitability of the top four to batting lower than his own strengths - so for balance basically (hardy ha ha), but I would like to see him bat above Gale at the very least.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Fwiw unless Jacques starts making runs I'd be putting Ballance at 3 the only risk with that is if Ballance starts failing we probably lack the quality in a proper batsman to stop a collapse.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nice stuff by Somerset. They're just short of batsmen in general. Compton and Kieswetter will return in less than a month but Peterson and Buttler are both playing in the CT.
Virus getting called up to the Champions Trophy definitely wouldn't have been something they were preparing themselves for in the pre-season. I wonder if they'll pick up a replacement overseas player for that period. Someone like Brownlie could be a good signing; a quality bat who will already be in the country, pretty acclimated due to the Tests and not involved in the Champions Trophy.