• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You what?
I don't know what I'd been drinking when I made that post. I think I misread "steady" for "shady" and tried to make the point that Sam Robson had been dropped at one point last year. This is despite the fact that Robson was actually quite good for the entirety of last year; his dropping occurred in 2011.

stumpski

International Captain
Looks as if Lancs are going for it, may as well while they have wickets in hand. 93 wanted, 13 overs left after this one.

Somerset are three down in the follow-on at Headingley but Yorkshire have too much to do there surely. Brooks outbowling Bresnan atm.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Thing is though such a depleted side is only going to be doing well at Headingley I think given we lack a better spin option than Rashid whose batting gets him into this side at the moment.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm interesting goings on at Slurry. Reckon even less to Durham's batting line-up this week, basically have a Buckley in for Breese - so that's a bit of an unknown. Thorp is playing for Onions but they're much of a muchness.

One wonders what Slurry's spinners will do when Buckley and Borthwick have most of the wickets so far.

And another wicket falls on 237. All out. 5-fer on debut for Buckley.

stumpski

International Captain
How many wickets is it before we can claim the extra half hour?
You can't claim the extra half hour on the final day - that's a device to stop the game going into an extra day when it's close to a conclusion. All you can do is play the game out to a finish.

Wickets tumbling at OT with Lancs in sight of the finishing line.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
You can't claim the extra half hour on the final day - that's a device to stop the game going into an extra day when it's close to a conclusion. All you can do is play the game out to a finish.

Wickets tumbling at OT with Lancs in sight of the finishing line.
Shame we've clearly had the best of this match.

stumpski

International Captain
Lancashire pulling off a second unlikely victory in a row.
With a ball to spare!

Saj dropped a catch off the last ball, determined to get in on the act somewhere. :laugh:

I hope Foster doesn't get stick for his declaration.

stumpski

International Captain
Sussex have a chinaman bowler on, how interesting ...

Going to watch this for a while, it's been so long since I saw David Sales make any runs. Long time since anyone at Northampton did, for that matter.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sussex have a chinaman bowler on, how interesting ...

Going to watch this for a while, it's been so long since I saw David Sales make any runs. Long time since anyone at Northampton did, for that matter.

He's clearly spent much of that runless time eating. Out now though, doesn't Northants batting start now?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well from my view we have played pretty crap so far this season and yet we are second, so maybe there is hope for promotion in the end

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Man, Patterson looks ordinary. Naked little seamers at 72mph really don't cut it at this level.

Trego treating him with the respect he deserves; 22 off that over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Man, that's unlucky.

Tres run out at the non striker's end after Sidearse gets a hand on one Trego drilled straight back.