• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Given that the first England team of the season isn't likely to include a single Surrey player, that whole "there are too many Surrey players in the England team" thing is a bit out of date, isn't it?

The rest of you, feel free to go on hating. 8-)
None in the CT squad either. Although Surrey have been complete turd in the 40 over stuff last few years haven't they. Think they got the spoon in their group in 2011 or something.

stumpski

International Captain
None in the CT squad either. Although Surrey have been complete turd in the 40 over stuff last few years haven't they. Think they got the spoon in their group in 2011 or something.
Didn't they win it in 2011?

I missed the final taking my daughter up to Sheffield.

Scaly is just a typical chip-on-the-shoulder northerner I think. Never mind.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
People who argue the only reason Dernbach was ever picked for England is because he plays for Surrey are so boring.

Howe_zat

Audio File
People who argue the only reason Dernbach was ever picked for England is because he plays for Surrey are so boring.
Indeed, if you're trying to argue against Dernbach and his county is all you've come up with then you're not being very observant

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Like I said, Dernbach is lucky to have played as many ODI's as he has, but it really isn't that hard to see why he got games. Death bowling has always been a problem for England, and along came a guy who could bowl quick, make use of reverse swing and had a decent slower ball. He didn't even start to badly either. He's not particularly accurate, and I'm not sure about whether he's the smartest tool in the shed, but he does have the skills to potentially be a decent one day bowler. It's something theegyptian pointed out after the World T20. His performances have been poor, but someone who can clock such high speeds and be potentially so useful is always going to be preserved with longer. It's also worth noting that Dernbach hasn't been in a full strength ODI side since October 2011 in India. People always seem to forget they're slagging off a guy who's probably 6th or 7th in the pecking order at the moment for quicks in the one day team.

Besides, I hardly ever hear people listing alternatives. What would be everyones top 8 or so ODI seam bowlers?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Started a bad day but ended a decent one. is this the rebirth of Adil Rashid as a serious player? Runs can only build the confidence and a confident bowler can get wickets.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been wanting to see Gurney for awhile, lf next to their name always interests me for some reason.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Graeme Smith flying back to SA with the chronic ankle problem. Pretty big blow for Surrey. Doubt they'll see him again this season.