• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Decent pace from Stokes, but his line and length are all over the place. Mixing overpitched half-volleys with half-trackers that sit up and beg to be pulled.

Hint of Hoggard in his gather, IMHO. Sadly doesn't seem to have Hoggy's swing tho.

stumpski

International Captain
Wagg has just gone for 16, but did Yorkshire leave the charge too late? Only three down but needing almost 10 an over.

stumpski

International Captain
At least they aren't showing the Notts-Northants game - even more one-sided than yesterday's.

I wonder if the Unicorns will get on this year? Might be a first I think.

Wickets falling at Colwyn Bay now. Way too many needed for Rhodes to get 'em in singles.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior fails again, and still some idjits in the press want him playing ODIs. It's really odd why he's rubbish at list A, yet he is incredibly so.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Test Match Sofa ‏@TestMatchSofa 4h
As young Will Rhodes stars for @Yorkshireccc in today's #YB40 the search is on at @surreycricket for Jake Hobbs and Tim Richardson.

heh

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That's quite a demolition job at Taunton, even if it is against the semi pro's.

Also, I see Samit got runs today, at a great ticker too. Think he was really unlucky to be left out for Bopara in the Champions Trophy squad. Although, after the latter's 10 today, I think many could say they were unlucky not to get a gig ahead of him.

Prior fails again, and still some idjits in the press want him playing ODIs. It's really odd why he's rubbish at list A, yet he is incredibly so.
I don't really think it's that odd. He's quite limited with his attack strokeplay IMO. He feeds on attacking bowling and attacking fields, so in tests of course he's going to score quickly because people are bowling outside off stump with three slips and a guly. When the bowlers tighten up their line and plant a couple more people in the ring I'm not surprised he struggles to score.

T20 is different because he can literally try and smash everything out of the park.

FBU

International Debutant
Have to say I've been disappointed by a lot of the bowling I've seen this season on t'telly.

A lot of people with big reps, and ones who have taken a lot of wickets, have been decidedly average. Rushworth the latest disappointment.
Mark Wood looked quite good. At least he got rid of that useless Bopara.

chris.hinton

International Captain
We have been woeful in the CC so far and i think we have no chance of getting promotion back to Division 1, Still an excellent win over Sussex in the one day stuff

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ansari running through Hampshire. My outside bet to be playing for England ODI team in a few years. Could be the vital cog at 5, 6 or 7 as a spin bowling allrounder. In his final year at Cambridge so once that is over he can concentrate on the cricket full time.

theegyptian

Decent pace from Stokes, but his line and length are all over the place. Mixing overpitched half-volleys with half-trackers that sit up and beg to be pulled.

Hint of Hoggard in his gather, IMHO. Sadly doesn't seem to have Hoggy's swing tho.

What pace was he and Wood averaging? He definitely couldn't be the fifth bowler in an england odi or t20 attack at the moment. Too erratic but he is a wickettaker and has good skills (but not accuracy or consistency which are obviously extremely important). Could be the fourth seamer in a test team but his batting isn't there at the moment to warrant batting at 6 or 7 at the moment either. I get the impression at the moment there is loads of talent but that it is all a bit untidy and occasionally ugly.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ansari running through Hampshire. My outside bet to be playing for England ODI team in a few years. Could be the vital cog at 5, 6 or 7 as a spin bowling allrounder. In his final year at Cambridge so once that is over he can concentrate on the cricket full time.
Not seen him, but he's not at a great county for getting games, Keedy, Batty, and won't Kartik br back after the hit-and-giggle stuff.

theegyptian

Not seen him, but he's not at a great county for getting games, Keedy, Batty, and won't Kartik br back after the hit-and-giggle stuff.
I think Ansari will be ok. He was getting into the team last year in the championship for his batting alone. It's a slight worry that he might not be getting the bowling he needs in the first class game with batty and keedy but chances are keedy will only be there for a couple of years and Ansari is probably likely to gain quite a lot from watching and learning from keedy.

Chances are once mid summer comes and he's finished uni he'll probably be a regular in all three formats although will probably bowl more in the cb40/t20. I don't think Kartik is back this year.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What pace was he and Wood averaging? He definitely couldn't be the fifth bowler in an england odi or t20 attack at the moment. Too erratic but he is a wickettaker and has good skills (but not accuracy or consistency which are obviously extremely important). Could be the fourth seamer in a test team but his batting isn't there at the moment to warrant batting at 6 or 7 at the moment either. I get the impression at the moment there is loads of talent but that it is all a bit untidy and occasionally ugly.
Didn't see Wood bowl, but Stokes was up around the 83-85mph mark.

Allenby & North carving a frankly mediocre looking Middlesex attack to all corners in today's televised game.