Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2713
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Given that Rashid has gone for 222 now, I wonder what's the most a bowler has conceded in one innings in the CC. It couldn't have been exceeded in the days of three-day cricket surely.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Yes imagine going back to school having scored a 242 and having shared a 236 run partnership with the no.1 ranked batsman in the world. Bit of a come down having to go back to school once the initial 'So what've you been doing over the summer?' question is gone.
    His school cricket coach - one David "Gnasher" Ward will just point out the young Sibley fell 52 short of HIS highest FC score!

He'll do it with a smile though.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Given that Rashid has gone for 222 now, I wonder what's the most a bowler has conceded in one innings in the CC. It couldn't have been exceeded in the days of three-day cricket surely.
    Equal 3rd it seems
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing they just thought they could get as much with the ball out of Rashid and Williamson as they could Plunkett on this wicket, especially since Plunkett has been really, really expensive at times in the last month or so.
    Given Rashid and Williamson took 2/400+ between them, that didn't quite work out...
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    pretty pitiful stuff being played out between notts and somerset. It being the last day of the season with nothing to lose you would have least thought they set up a match for the fans but obviously not.

Just realised that Gregory actually played a vaguely decent innings in this round. Good for him. Cruel irony in him batting pretty high for most of his career and then finally being moved down to 9 here only to play a decent knock and get stranded, though.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    pretty pitiful stuff being played out between notts and somerset. It being the last day of the season with nothing to lose you would have least thought they set up a match for the fans but obviously not.
    Yeah, all a bit depressing, you really can't blame Sky for not showing a match, when this is the attitude among many counties.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Regular
    Unbelievable innings from Stevens, would be a sensational win for Kent as well.

Stevens has become such an awesome player in the last few years; right at the time you'd usually expect someone to start declining too, especially as an allrounder. Much respect.

International Regular
    They have done it! 414/8 off 91 overs. Stevens 205 from 218.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    kent chased down another 400 score this season didnt they. Two successful 400 + chases in a season mustnt be common
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Damn, I was thinking of going to that today as well, but it looked as if whatever Lancs set would be well beyond Kent.

Glamorgan closing in on a win as well. What a season Allenby's had - 85 and 7-47 in this match. Leics fans must be sick that he was allowed to go.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    So Buttler to Lancashire confirmed. Hope you don't mind the rain ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Honestly Jos leaving is SO hideous. Kieswetter can't even keep when the ball is spinniing, it kills us in 50 overs, and hurts us in t20.

Oh And I'm with Brumbers the guy has every chance to be a good first-class player, so who are we going to bring in to make this look a sane decision?

Pay the ****er the money he wants tell CK to just bat, that way he may become a decent England number 6, because his 'keeping is ****ing sub-standard.

So angry, we're weaker in 'keeping and batting in every form, and we'll be losing so much money in letting a genuine box-office player go, for mediocrity.
    Last edited by grecian; 27-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    So Buttler to Lancashire confirmed. Hope you don't mind the rain ****.
    My post the same time as yours, but you can't blame him, Somerset's love of CK is ****ing bizarre.

Thread Information