• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

91Jmay

International Coach
I can't believe you think CK had a pretty pish season. Arguably the best limited overs batsmen on the domestic scene this year, a below average but not terrible year in CC. Unless he was dropped 3 catches a game and giving up a stack full of byes.

Woodster

International Captain
Even though everybody knew it

England Cricket News: Lancashire confirm Jos Buttler signing | ESPN Cricinfo

There has been a fair bit more grumbling from Lancashire fans on the club forum than I expected, a few years ago I had high hopes for Gareth Cross, but even if Jos doesn't improve his FC record (which I think he will) he is still miles better than Cross and Davies isn't ready.
I think it's an excellent signing for Lancs and with him likely to be away with the England LO squads at some point during the season it will give Davies a chance to enhance his development with the odd game here and there. Think he'll flourish at Lancs.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Even though everybody knew it

England Cricket News: Lancashire confirm Jos Buttler signing | ESPN Cricinfo

There has been a fair bit more grumbling from Lancashire fans on the club forum than I expected, a few years ago I had high hopes for Gareth Cross, but even if Jos doesn't improve his FC record (which I think he will) he is still miles better than Cross and Davies isn't ready.
You get the same issues as us over here, we grumble whenever someone who isn't from the county plays for us a bit or we used to any how.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will Smith added to Matt Coles for Hampshire next year. Very happy with Coles, made a real difference when he came in on loan. Smith is rather more underwhelming but Adams hinted at giving up the captaincy so it would make a certain amount of sense if he came in as captain.

Giles White also said that the overseas players for next season will be a bowler, no idea who it will be of course but really pleased with that.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
I wonder if Worcs could actually get a half-decent overseas in. Not some test match has been! Made a huge difference when we had a decent up-and-coming player in Phil Hughes compared to someone who has peaked and is on the decline!

Woodster

International Captain
I wonder if Worcs could actually get a half-decent overseas in. Not some test match has been! Made a huge difference when we had a decent up-and-coming player in Phil Hughes compared to someone who has peaked and is on the decline!
Despite not scoring too heavily, hasn't Samaraweera been a good signing with regards what he has offered to the younger players. I would have thought a player such Samaraweera would bring a calmness, experience and an excellent brain for the younger players to pick away at, do you get the impression that isn't the case, or would you just prefer a younger player that will score more heavily ?

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Despite not scoring too heavily, hasn't Samaraweera been a good signing with regards what he has offered to the younger players. I would have thought a player such Samaraweera would bring a calmness, experience and an excellent brain for the younger players to pick away at, do you get the impression that isn't the case, or would you just prefer a younger player that will score more heavily ?
I don't think Worcestershire particularly need old heads to offer calmness. Alan Richardson, Daryl Mitchell, David Lucas etc... have all been around the county circuit long enough to offer experienced heads in the dressing room. I'd prefer someone who puts runs on the board to help take some of the workload and pressure off of Moeen Ali so he can go about his business with less weight on his shoulders. Got a very good young squad a Worcs, but it is going to take a few seasons to get those players up to the scratch to challenge for promotion.

91Jmay

International Coach
Annoying that Warwickshire won't be adding another T20 player this year again. Jetan has been great in all comps, and am delighted that he is staying all year again but we really need another bat in limited overs to make any noise.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jos sitting out the IPL auction. Ya know I think he should reconsider, make money don't play boring County cricket:ph34r: